Autism

Hi,

I am a new member and I am an Applied Behavior Analyst/ Therapist for children under Autism Spectrum. It is a challenging job but it is fulfilling.

Autism is a developmental disability that comes from a neurological disorder that affects the normal functioning of the brain.
It is characterized by the abnormal development of communication skills, social skills, and reasoning. Males are affected four times as often as females. Children may appear normal until around the age of 30 months.
Early intervention with regard to autism means that a child has started therapies before his third birthday to address common deficits found in autism. These deficits vary from child to child, but some forms of early intervention can be physical therapy, social, behavioral and speech-based. Usually, an early intervention program for a child with autism will be a combination of these.

There are many centers here in Dubai who can help parents who suspect that there child or children having problems on their developmental stage. It is always best to ask advice rather than in a denial state.:)

Cheers!!!

Hi Gracedatoc,

I am the mother of two children with autism.  I am thinking of moving to the UAE.  My youngest child has classic autism and has had ABA since he was 3 years old.  I was wondering what resources might be available for him.  He is now 6years old.

Thank you for your time!

Hi,

Thanks for viewing on my page. First and foremost I would really like to tell you that I am proud of you. Having kids under this spectrum indeed need a supermom like you. Here are the links that might help you as I am conneted to this center. This center is also affiliated to other centers and people that can surely manifest good resources that can facilitate the needs of your kids in your stay here in Dubai.

http://www.autismuae.com/

Kindly let me know when you are coming in Dubai. I would really like to meet you and the rest of your family soon. Let me also know if you need other help or information about Dubai.

Best regards;
Grace Datoc

Hello,
My husband and I have the opportunity to move to Dubai.  We are very excited about this, yet we have three boys, two who have autism (both high functioning).  Obviously, our concern is the quality of schooling and other therapies available in Dubai to help our boys with autism.   We would appreciate any insight, specifically to therapies and schools.

Currently we live in the United States, and our hope is to get care similar to what we have presently for our boys on the spectrum.  Can anyone provide me with information regarding schools, and outside therapies in Dubai?  I'm a bit overwhelmed right now so any information/insight that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Sheila

Hi,

Grace and peace be with you...

Thanks for reading the blog it is been quite awhile I haven't visited this site. Anyway, here is the link of the site where you can get the help you would like.

http://www.autismuae.com/

You can also send me mails to my email address for more information.

[email protected]

Best regards;

Grace

Hi,

I have recently moved to Dubai. My son who is now 4.5 years old has been diagonized with Autism.

Before I move him to Dubai, could you please suggest a centre in Dubai where I get therapies as well as main stream schools.

Regards
Sankar

Hi  sankarganesh 

Welcome to expat-blog!

I suggest you to  create a new topic on the Dubai forum, as the thread on which you posted is from 2011. :)

Thank you,

David.

Hello,
I'll move to RAK in 1 month. I've a 17y old daughter who is epileptic. She also have a mental problem. She doesn't know to write, to read or to count.
She doesn't come with us because she live in a great institution in
switzerland. But I'm interesting how they take care for children with disabilities in Dubaï.

Thanks for your answers
Anne-Sylvie