Advice wanted for teaching English in Shanghai

Hi to all,

I'm looking for some advice about teaching English in Shanghai. I'm a UK citizen, 32 years old. I want to get a job offer lined up before heading out there, rather than flying out there at my own expense and then hunting for a job once I'm there. I don't officially have a degree, as I was unable to complete the course. I want to live and work in Shanghai specifically, so will need to apply for jobs in schools there only.

Is it possible to do it without a degree? Will some places not actually check or ask for proof of it?

What sites can I use to apply for jobs? What is the process?

Any information will be greatly appreciated. And if anyone is able to specifically link me up with an institute then even better.

No. You cannot work in china as a foreigner without a degree. The only way a foreigner can work in china is as an expert. An expert requires a four year college education and two years working experience as the baseline requirements.

hi, you at least need to have a bachelor degree plus work experience to show ... some visa agencies would tell you that even your high school or other school degrees would work but that's not true.  you'll need to have all your right documents in place to apply for work permit through your employer.

You will need a bachelor's degree and/or a TOEFL, TEFL certification to teach in China, in the past 2 or 3 years the chinese gov't has become more strict since there are so many people wanting to move here to teach and there have been many problems in this area.

China is a very serious, serious nation. They take the education of the children very seriously. Back in 2013 through 2016 there were numerous instance of foreign teachers performing sexual actions and activities on their youthful charges.  It's not just that, it was discovered that many had falsified their educational backgrounds. They not only didn't know how how to each they didn't even attend a university to start with.

To prevent that from happening , they have instituted a very strict background  check. You cannot blame them. China today is not the third-world 'back water" that is presented in Western media, it is something else entirely, and they demand perfection. You had best be up for the game and at the top of your ability.

There is a need for QUALIFIED teachers. And you had all best be at the top of your game if you want to teach in China.