Playdate for homeschooled kids

Hi all,

Our family moved to Mahe from RSA about three weeks ago. I am homeschooling my two little ones (3 and 5 years old) but they are missing their friends. Is there any homeschooling groups on the island? Or any mom keen to meet up once a week for the kids to play and to help this mommy to keep her sanity.My kids are very Afrikaans but knows basic English. Good opportunity for them to start learning more English and even some French?

Homeschooling is not really practised in Seychelles. But if you want your kids to meet other kids a great way to do this would be to enroll them in activities such as swimming (at the Roche Caiman national swimming pool), dance or music. Lots of kids both citizens and residents meet there and they have a lot of fun together! You will also get to meet parents and it's a great way to start. My friend also has young kids that age, send me a private message if you would like to reach out to her. We are locals by the way.

Hi,  we are in the process of moving to the Seychelles and I was also wondering about homeschooling.  My 9yr old is in a home school set up (about 60 kids ).  They are doing the Abeka Christian Homeschooling System.  What are you using with your little ones and did you have to apply to do homeschooling with them 💐

We are also a homeschooling family and we live on Fregate island. I'm looking for activities that our girls (5 and 7 years) could do every Monday. We only have our boat available on Mondays, it arrives on Mahe at 7:30am and then it leaves at 4 pm. I'm looking for activities that the girls could join privately (while other children are at school) or in group for them to meet other children. Do you have any suggestion?

Hello, we are in the same situation, could you suggest the contacts? Thank you

Hi there

I apologise to not have any luck on a playdate for your girls...I happened to see your post and I'm investigating moving to the Seychelles!

I am in RSA, I'd love to hear about your experiences now that you are there and what type of industry you are in? My mind slaans toe as to how I would ever imagine going about this.

Regards
Ingrid

Hello,
I am also looking for my toddler he is just 2 years now. Looking for some fun activities for him.

Hey do I hav your contact details?
I hav a toddler 2 years old I am also looking for some fun activities for him or some friends as well.

Hey, I live on Mahe and homeschool my 4 year old and 2 year old. My what's app is 2565486 if you want to get together.

Hey, I live on Mahe and homeschool my 4 year old and 2 year old. My what's app is 2565486 if you want to get together with your kids, we'd love to visit Fregate one day!

Hey there! It's been some time since you have posted, but I wanted to reach out. Me and my family are Christians and we are looking into relocating to Seychelles at the Lord leads us to do so. We currently have a three year old daughter. Before Covid hit we were about to relocate to Seychelles, where I was going to be a school counselor on Mahe. I am a licensed mental health counselor for a living. We are currently praying that God willing there will somehow be a group of children who learn multiple languages and live in Seychelles that is Christian-based and that the families can have a close community that is Christ centered and filled with love. Our daughter currently goes to the foreign language immersion school where she learns Spanish, Mandarin and French. We speak fluent English and she reads at about a 10-year-old level. I'm reaching out in the event that this would interest you and that you can join me in prayerfully asking God and brainstorming ways to have children raised in the beautiful Seychelles anyway that is Christ filled with other languages. If you have any suggestions on this please let me know or feel free to reach out for any other reason :-) Please contact me via email at *** God bless you and your family!

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi - are you still on Mahe? Still looking? I'm interested

Hi there - we are Christian - have 2 kids 1 & 5 years old. We are currently homeschooling. Would love to meet up if you do move here.

Hi, we are still on Mahe. I will love to be in contact with you. Please send me a WhatsApp on ***

My children are currently 6 and 8. I follow a South African Christian based curriculum. I am a struggling reader so this year we focused mainly on Afrikaans. However, we are fully bilingual (English).

Looking forward hearing from you.

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post contact details on the forum for security reasons.

Hi - your WhatsApp appears like asterisks for me, so I can't see the numbers:) mine is two five eight eight one two three 😅

Hi admin removed my number as we are not allowed to share personal info on this forum. ..

@Girl4granted Hello, are you still here and interested? I know it's late but I am also homeschooling - 2 kids, aged 5 and 7. I also have a 1 yr old. My contact is 2***. I am local btw

Moderated by Vero last year
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
If anyone wants to get together let me know. Homeschooling is not common here so the few homeschoolers need to have a community, I feel, even if its just for casual support or kids making some new friends.  Holla at me mamas if you are interested to meet. Cheers

Hi we meet up with a few moms and kids (mostly) on Wednesday at the Anse Royal playground. However we are currently in South Africa for a holiday. I will reach out again when we are back it would be lovely to meet. @Oceanwind

@Boude3 good day

We are planning to move to the seychelles to run our internet bussiness from . We only want permanent residency. I am a pensioner and it will be my wife ,my son ,daughter in law and my grand dauhgter of 3 years. Is there any advice you can give to is to accomplish this please

@leonduplessis19

I wish I could help but unfortunately I do not know the process as we have not tried to obtain it. Have you reached out to the immigration office?

Wishing you the best.

@Oceanwind

Hello

is there a community for homeschool children?

are there children that are homeschooled on Praslin Island?

what are activities that can be practised at Praslin for children?

What is the procedure in Sechelles to homeschool children?

@annageradts

Hi are you currently in Seyschelles or planning to move here?

@Girl4granted i am moving to Seychelles.

wondering how to apply for homeschooling and if the Govnerment permits it. And what the future prospects and plans are of the govnerment regarding this subject

@annageradts

Hi! We are moving to Mahe in August this year (we are from germany). Since we keep also a german adress, our then 8-year old son, will stay in the german school system. So germany has to permit homeschooling (what they don't do right now :(

However, because I am afraid I wont get any place for him at the english speaking schools in Victoria, I will have to teach him on my own. Does anybody know a good curriculum?

what are your plans? Which Island?

I would really like to meet other Moms and kids who are homeschooling, so Ben can meet other kids his age.

I am also looking for some activities for him. In Germany he played Hockey and Tennis. And he had JuJutsu and piano lessons. Does anybody has Ideas for us?

@sd1512 Good afternoon, the best would be to contact your embassy and discuss it with them. There used to be a family here from the Nederlands were homeschooling is illegal but they had an on-line school for expatriates. Maybe Germany has something similar?

We are from South Africa were homeschooling is legal but we have to meet certain requirements including yearly accesments. I also keep a comprehensive portfolio.

Homeschooling is legal in Seyschelles but not very common and generally frowned upon. We are a small group of moms with variety of different homeschool approaches ranging from Traditional to Waldorf. Generally it is easier for expats but there is citizens that also homeschool.

There is a variety of extramural activities available but they are sometimes difficult to get into and you might be placed on a waiting list.

How old are your children? Are you moving to Mahè?

I hope it helps.

Regards

Elzaan Grant

@annageradts

Homeschooling is legal in Seyschelles but not very common and generally frowned upon. We are a small group of moms with variety of different homeschool approaches ranging from Traditional to Waldorf. Generally it is easier for expats but there is citizens that also homeschool.

There is a variety of extramural activities available but they are sometimes difficult to get into and you might be placed on a waiting list.

How old are your children? Are you moving to Mahè?

I hope it helps.

Regards

Elzaan Grant

@Girl4granted thank you for your message.

were considering moving to mahe.

our daughter is five.

the dutch family probably used World school as it is online.

there is a possibility to homeschool but nowt for long as the WHO tries to implement certain curriculum in europe that has to reach all kids. Quite concerning.

Are there any plans from the governments in seychelles to dismiss homeschooling in the future?

We live in Seychelles. Our child attends Kingsinterhigh online international school.  For extra-curricular activity there is also Zuri Art (lovely art teacher) who does Art camps in the week and Holiday camps even.