Cost of furnishing an apartment

hello,
would really appreciate if anyone can help me with the tentative costing of furnishing a rented apartment..company is providing us with an unfirnished apartment in westland/parkland..it is going to bear the cost of furnishings..wpould like to know how much a bedroom set, sofaset i.e entire living room set and a kid's room set will come to?..also buying utensils and kitchen appliances..thanks for the help

maybe what I would like to know from you is what is the size of your house e.g number of bedrooms I could give you a contact number you can call,a lady called angela telephone +254728111101 who is in the furnishing business she will asssist you,just tell her Roger of telephone no. +254721805443,gave the refferral goodluck!Roger

Thanks for the reply..we are getting a two bedroom house..i tried the nakumatt website for online shopping but the cost went a bit too high..

Nakumatt is probably one of the cheaper outlets from which to furnish your place.  Furniture and appliances are available from most of the major supermarkets; Nakumatt, Uchumi, Tuskys, Naivas.  On Mombasa Rd, there are a number of furniture stores.   

Alternatively, look at the advertising notice boards at Sarit Centre/Village Market, or in 'Expat Link' - there is often good quality furniture for sale.

White goods:  Again all the supermarkets stock them -LG and Samsung are the leading brands.  It is also worth checking out Hotpoint, in Sarit Centre.

Happy shopping!

Like I said earlier Mayuriw,just call Angela,she has been in the business for many years,she can assist you with affordable furnishings... just let her know Roger referred you,I called her to notify her in case you call regards Roger

Hi chrismoro ent,

Please note that free advertisement is not allowed on the forum. You can suggest your friend to register her company in our business directory.

Thank you,
Best regards,
Christine

Thanks christine for the advice a little oversight!

Thanks a lot everyone..that was really helpful...