International Schools

In order to move before our 7th grade son completes high school, I'd need to have a solid plan for his education in the DR. What are expats with school age children doing to resolve this?

Specifically, I'm only interested in English speaking schools on the north coast and maybe the Punta Cana area if need be.  The only schools I found were in Sosua, Las Terranas (French/Spanish only?), and Punta Cana.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with these or other schools I may have missed? The International School (Sosua) website says they can graduate with a US type diploma that will be accepted at US universities....

Others will chime in as I have no experience with schools.

Punta Cana International is an English speaking school.  Grades pre-school to Grade 12.

They have a pretty aggressive curriculum, expect homework every day.  Currently my son is in school from 7:30Am to 2:30PM and then 2 more hours in homework class (by a teacher).

Hello,

We have our 15 year old son at ISLA Academy. He loves it. I also teach there so I see it first hand every day. It is an English speaking school but they do get a lot of exposure to Spanish. ISLA is in Sousa.

Yes, credits will transfer to US schools and yes we follow US standards. We celebrate Dominican holidays (for days off, etc). Any other questions, feel free to send a message :)

ISLA Academy Is a great school in Sosua Domincan Republic My daughter started in 2017 and has loved it. English is the first language but my Daughter has learned Spanish faster than me and my wife.

I'm not surprised the kids pick up Spanish quickly. Maybe our son will end up teaching us....

Two questions:
1. Are ISLA Acadamy and the International School of Sosua the same, or two different schools?

2. For grades 9 thru 12 what are the approximate costs for a student at Sosua or Punta Cana?

I'll gladly message anyone if they don't want to post it here, Thanks!

Isla and ISS International Scjool of Sosua is two separate schools ISS is like a traditional private school kind of pricy for me. ISLA was just more of what me and my wife was looking for for our daughter. In my opinion we love the school and it's Values and how my daughter actually loves her teachers and friends. iSLa reminds me of a family ISS reminds me of America private schools