Moving to China

Hi everyone!

My wife and I are thinking about moving to China.  I'm a Chinese American and she's Bulgarian.  We would like to meet some friends here and to get a head start with networking before we leave, so please please feel free to write and/or befriend us! :) We are thinking about teaching English or even possibly starting a small coffee shop sometime in the future.  Does anyone have any recommendations as to which cities would be the best for these endeavors? We have a strong preference for promising 2nd or 3rd line cities.  Looking forward to speaking with you all soon!

Yani & Gergana

Hi:
     im abc too, was from houston texas, now im teaching in hebei which is a 3rd tier city, when are u actually coming..do u have wechat?

Hi there,

As for opening a coffee house, there are plenty of them in cities  like Shanghai. Hence your decision to start such a business in tier 2 or 3 cities is right. It's also better for living costs.

Check reddit for advise and in case you are deciding on Shanghai.

Cheers

Hi there and thank you for responding back to us! Here is our weixin, AloraYani let's talk!

I don't recommend opening a business in China, people who made that in the past maybe succeed because those were other regulations and society and economy were growing. Nowadays the new tax regulations for foreigners and visa work permit are things more and more difficult to  obtain. 

https://www.hrone.com/china-individual- … nationals/