New members of the Kenya forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Kenya forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Kenya if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi All

My name is peter Langat, am new in the network, I work in the tourism industry and a guide and hope to get more connections from the network

Hi all!
My name is Menno, coming from the Netherlands, and I'll be moving to Nairobi somewhere between July and September. My employer gave me the opportunity to work with our Kenya team for the next few years. I'm looking forward to hearing your stories and learning from your experiences. Since this is my first time moving abroad, i'm especially intersted in learning about all the things one has to think about!

All the best,
Menno

Hey am Linet, Born and raised in Kenya. On behalf of all awesome Kenyans: WELCOME!!!

Hi,
I'm born & brought up in Kenya. Currently in hospitality and real estate industry.
Feel free to contact me on any accommodations needs.
Kind regards

Hello all! I'm Adam. I'll be moving there in October with my partner and our daughter, and she (my partner, daughter is only 10 weeks) and I will be looking for fun things to do!

As for myself . . . I'm a 44-year old web developer, been in the business for 20-odd years. I do mainly front-end work with a smattering of experience in a lot of things. I've also been a DJ for 20+ years, running everything from 80s to 90s to britpop, drum and bass, house, hip-hop, goth/industrial, whatever!

I'm also a huge nerd. comic book collector since way back, tabletop RPG player, cosplayer, anime enthusiast, Magic: The Gathering player, the list goes on. I run a bi-monthly nerd trivia night here in Atlanta that's been going on for 10 years.

So that being said - where, if at all, would I find fun things to do in Nairobi? My main goal is to find any kind of nerd things going on, and to find any kind of goth/industrial scene there. I've found a limited number of things via my exploration on the internet, but I'm hoping I can get a better inside scoop from people that are actually there!

Hi,

My name is Lul Osman. I was raised in Canada but moved to Kenya in 2007 where I am currently residing.  I have been here for the past 13 years and I can honestly say it was the best move I have ever made.  I am loving every bit of the experience I have gained over the past decade. Kenya has welcome me and my family in so many ways and I have grown to discover passions  I had no idea I had.

I am currently working for a Travel agency where I am heading their communication and branding departments.

My educational background is Journalism and Marketing (CIM) .

I am happy to be on this form and look forward to meeting other expats like myself  and hear about their experiences.

Hi All,

My name is Ruth Watetu,
I am a Kenyan residing in Nairobi.

Thank you for having me and for the visitors welcome to Nairobi Kenya

Moderated by Priscilla 4 years ago
Reason : free advertising is not allowed, please register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hey Everyone,

Currently from Canada and thinking that moving to Kenya might be in my future. Just wanting to get as much information as I can before making the plunge so to speak. Best way to get a work visa, the types of jobs that are available for average ordinary people, and being a strong man of faith in Jesus, what are churches like there.  I am happy to meet new people and gain new friends :)

thanks

Good day all,

My name is Ferdi from Johannesburg South Africa and a South African citizen, interested in relocating to Nairobi for a suitable opportunity. Hoping to network with Expats in this regard. I am in love with Kenya, its nature, great people and culture and would be honoured to become part of this great society.

Regards.

Hi folks, I'm Rob from the UK, living in Ireland these last 6 years. I've been in a relationship with a lovely Kenyan national the last year, and we are looking to marry at the end of 2019. My background is in agriculture but my main work is writing, illustrating and TEFL teaching. Just wondering if anyone can advise on my prospects in Kenya once we marry, as Id prefer to live there. Thanks in advance!

Hello! My name is Kate and I'm from Russia.
I'm looking for ajob opportunity in Nairobi, Kemya. Let me introduce myself. I'm almost 29 yo and I got Honored master degree in Economics and 9 years of work expirience in very different fields.
I started my career in insurance company, I also worked a few years as secretary, and past 6 years I've been working in finance (starting from Accountant to CFO of a small company). I have some knoweledges in digital marketing and e-commerce.
I know that I'm a newbie in Africa and I don't expect a high level position (but still dreaming of it tho), any would be fine as long as it helps me to start my career in Kenya.
Also I'm up to try something new, it's not mandatory to be Finance.
Asante sana!

Hi members, Im John a Kenyan citizen.
And an experienced driver class BCE,ready for a job offer here in Nairobi county. I love travelling and learning new things . kindly contact me on*** for more information.
Thanks

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you

Thank you

Hello Everyone!

My name is Benjamin Brindise and I am a Teaching Artist, author of poetry and fiction, writing workshop facilitator, and guest speaker. If it has to do with writing, or teaching writing, it's in my wheelhouse. I'll be moving to Nairobi from the United States at the end of August while my partner pursue's her Masters Degree at USIU. We expect to end up staying in the Kasarani area for around two years.

I hope to connect with fellow expats and share experiences along the way. Any feedback, best practices, or tips and tricks from you all are more than welcome!

Sincerely,

Benjamin

Hello!

I'm Skyler. I'll be moving to Nairobi at the end of next month in order to pursue my Master's in International Relations at USIU. I previously lived in Nairobi for about six months while studying abroad at USIU, and I'm extremely excited to be heading back. My partner will be coming along with me, and we are in search of affordable apartments near USIU, in the Kasarani area (if you have any apartment leads, please feel free to share!) Both my partner and I are writers, and are hoping to find a writing community while here. I look forward to moving and I hope to meet new people and see more of the country I fell in love with four years ago.

:)

Hi, for the goth industrial scene and comic scene i can point you in the right direction...

Hi,
My name is victoria and I've just arrived. I work for an international not for profit and look forward to meeting and learning from other members their top tips. Anyone know of a good yoga, massage, beauty spa massage centres?

welcome to Kenya - salon and spa? depends where you live - i host small discussion tea talks. I have a center in Kilimani - Mai Space Plus

karibu Kenya

Hi guys I am new on this platform. I am a Kenyan who has been living abroad for the last 8years and glad to be back! Even though I grew up here I feel like Nairobi and the sorroundings have changed so much that I need to rediscover the city! I would suggest a casual meet up for all the newbies and maybe we can discover Nairobi and Kenya together. If you are in let me know.

Hi everyone, I was born and raised in Kenya, currently working and residing in Nairobi. Welcome to Kenya.

Hi All!

My name is Rachel and I am interested in moving to Kenya part-time (50%). 

I recently went on vacation there with my husband and fell in love immediately with the country and the people.

I would like to know more about Rotary Clubs in Nairobi and get connected with some folks. 

We are looking at the property right now in Kilimani and Karen.

I look forward to learning more about everyone here and building some great relationships, both personal and professional.

Rachel

Hi,

My name is John Muma, physiotherapist /orthopaedic manual therapist, currently running a private clinic(misuli care)  at Karen, miotoni road off ngong rd. Am happy to be part of this expat forum.

My name is Nasieku, born and raised in Kenya. I am very passionate about books, mental health, art, poetry and music. I am offering help in baby sitting, tea talks and guided tours to get to know more about this beautiful country. Welcome to Kenya! :-)

Dear All, its Brave. Nice to see you. I'm going to kenya for start my business. i need your prayers.

regards,

Hello brave... welcome to kenya...you will be in my prayers...trust God and all will be well.....we love visiter...

@Macyline
Thanks you So much..Hope we will exchange our experience here.

Welcome to Kenya Kate. You will like it here. It's amazing!!

Hello. I'm new to the site.

My name is Ruth. I am a certified English & Literature teacher.
I am looking for related job opportunities here in Kenya,both full-time and part-time. My tutoring approach is heuristic and laid back.
I also aspire to make good friendships in here.

Halo,
Am also a teacher of English and literature. We can share experiences

Moderated by Christine 4 years ago
Reason : promoting freely your services is not allowed on the forum

cool, thanks.

Hi all, my name is Ogenche Robert born and grew in Kenya currently living in kisii kenya

My name is Ann living in Nairobi having an experience of 4years taking care of kids from age 0_18 yes in three different countries ,hope to find my host family thank you.

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Thank you

Am Ann living in Kenya and looking for job as a nanny either in Kenya or any other country.

Hey!
I'm Kevin cultural producer from Ghana, looking to connect with creatives/creative spaces in Kenya and across East Africa.
Asante.

Hey i'm Kevin and how can we connect? I'm looking at curating an Afro Comic Culture. Look forward to connecting with you soon. Asante

Hello my name is ANDRÉ KONDI i am a former religious preparing a Master degree in Governance.  Looking for a job to start a new life thank you.

Closed