New members of the Israel forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Israel forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Israel if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello everyone, שלום

I'll be at Rishon in couple of weeks, I bought my airline tickets yesterday. This is the very first step of many visits that I'm going to take frequently until one day I be able to settle down in Israel. Right now my major goal is to learn Hebrew.

Any information, any tips, anything to say or just to say שלום please feel free to send me a private message. Every little thing you have to say could be much valuable to me.

I'm originally from Sri Lanka, living in Sweden for more than two decades. I don't care about politics or been politically correct or any other baloney. I love to admit that I love Israel and Jews all over the world. 

Best regards
Ara.

I hope you have a good time Ara.

Just curious LOL, how do you know you like Israel & al Jews?

It has nothing to do with every individual Jew in the world or the country call State of Israel but it's an investment. I read somewhere about the place and the nation of the place, that is how I know what I should do.

As I said I am probably not politically correct and I don't care about that.

Have you heard the song if loving you is wrong I don't want to be right?

Thank you gazs for welcoming  me

finnbo wrote:

Hello everyone, שלום

I'll be at Rishon in couple of weeks, I bought my airline tickets yesterday. This is the very first step of many visits that I'm going to take frequently until one day I be able to settle down in Israel. Right now my major goal is to learn Hebrew.

Any information, any tips, anything to say or just to say שלום please feel free to send me a private message. Every little thing you have to say could be much valuable to me.

I'm originally from Sri Lanka, living in Sweden for more than two decades. I don't care about politics or been politically correct or any other baloney. I love to admit that I love Israel and Jews all over the world. 

Best regards
Ara.

I am curious about how you have proceeded in the past two months.  How is your Hebrew coming along?  How did you choose Rishon Leziyyon?

Hi חלד (supposed to be khet kamats under lamed khirik under dalet kamats under or maybe even end with alef)  Now you know how my Hebrew is going...(slooooowly)

I stayed at Qiryat Haleom that time, I didn't choose it chose me. I came back to Sweden for several weeks ago and going back again in November but this time not going to stay in Rishon, this time will be from Ariel to Metula via Tzfat.

finnbo wrote:

Hi חלד (supposed to be khet kamats under lamed khirik under dalet kamats under or maybe even end with alef)  Now you know how my Hebrew is going...(slooooowly)

I stayed at Qiryat Haleom that time, I didn't choose it chose me. I came back to Sweden for several weeks ago and going back again in November but this time not going to stay in Rishon, this time will be from Ariel to Metula via Tzfat.

If you can learn Swedish, Hebrew should not be terribly difficult. English is far more complicated; more letters in the alphabet, long and short vowels, indefinite articles, the accent on whichever syllable they feel like using, the rigidity of verbs. English has a multitude of rules, all of which have multiple exceptions.

Since Swedish is a cocktail of few other Germanic languages such as English I personally think it's little bit more complicated than for instance English itself, in all categories. 

I know sooner or later I'm going to read, write and speak in Hebrew, I'm not worried about that, not because of I'm that good in learning languages but because of my devotion to it.

Hello Everyone,

I'm really interested to live in Israel one day!

Now, I'm learning Hebrew with Rosen School of Hebrew, but before, I learned Hebrew with Ulpan Or for one year already.

I would like to keep in touch with many Israelis to maybe, one day, live there and work there.

Thank you all!

Good reading.

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Please post only in english on the anglophone forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

All this talk of Hebrew forces me to mention that fluency in Hebrew is not required to live in Israel. 20% of the population speak Arabic as a native language, and Russian is also common. If you can read this post, you can survive.

However, if you want to become a citizen, you might want to learn Hebrew and Arabic.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=880448

Thanks!

Closed