Looking for flat to rent in Westlands

Hey,

I am a 26-year-old Dutch Master's student who will be interning at the UN Resident Coordinator's Office from mid June 2011 until mid December 2011. I might stay longer in Nairobi afterwards.

I am looking for a flat to rent/share in the Westlands area of Nairobi. Preferably furnished and with an internet connection(I have some obligations towards a non-profit organization for which I work in Holland and with which I have a board meeting via Skype on a weekly basis).

Do you know anything, or do you have something available yourself? Then let me know via this site or you can send me an email.

Thanks in advance, your help is greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to seeing you in June!

Roy

Hi Roy,

Welcome to Expat-blog! :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

You may view the Nairobi classifieds > accommodation section and post an advert there as well.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Thanks Christine,

Thank you. I have indeed also posted an add on the Nairobi classifieds.

Best regards,

Roy

I have had real problems making Skype work properly in Kenya, using wireless broadband and mobile dongle - the speeds just aren't enough to support it and it drops out every few seconds.

Maybe others have different experiences?

Skype works fine for me here using a Safaricom dongle. Which one are you using?

Hey, I just arrived in Nairobi and purchased a safari dongle.....internet speed seems fine from where I am (border between Westlands and Parklands), have not tried Skype yet though......

I am in Thika, or Naivasha and have never had Skype work for more than a few minutes and most often, not at all.

Hey,

I am also a master's student doing my internship here in Nairobi.  I just arrived this past weekend and am also looking for a flatshare in the Westlands area. I have found some pretty nice 2-3 bedroom furnished places for about 35,000 to 40,0000 per person. Let me know if you would be interested in meeting up.

Best,
Sara

Hi, I just saw this ad now..Have you already found a place? If not, I am moving out of my shared flat in Westlands and the room is available immediately. It's in Fine Diamond Apartments, St Michaels rd, near Waiaki way and Rahpta rd. Shared with a British girl and German guy, both working in development. Rent is I think 35,000/month.

Please give me a call if you are still looking.

Victoria. 0788262668

Hi Roy.
I've also just seen your post today and if you still havent found a place you may want to consider my fully furnished 3 bedroomed flat in kilimani though. it may not be in the westlands areas as you preferred but my place is totally worth checking out. Its located bout 20mins away from westlands and is near all amenities you may need...a mall (yaya center), a gym, restaurants etc.
the flat itself has 2 bathrooms, a huge living room, dining area, kitchen & a breath taking garden. rent: 32,500/- only. i live there by myself and looking for one other person to share it with.  do let me know if your interested and we can organize for a viewing.
you can reach me on [email protected]. looking forward to hearing from you.

Sara