Moving Advice/ Working in Germany/ The Creative Industry.

Hi.

I am an English national and recent graduate of Creative Writing and English Literature.
In the new year, I will be moving across to Frankfurt, with my German partner for his new job.
I am currently working in digital marketing, as a content marketing executive and have the desire to work in a creative field particularly marketing, publishing or journalism.

I am only at the beginning of learning to speak German, so will move with basic language skills and will be looking to take regular lessons as soon as I arrive. (If anyone can recommend a teacher or classes that would be much appreciated?)

I am looking for any general advice on the transition to migrate to Frankfurt, and advice on starting my career in Frankfurt.
I have heard a lot about the financial district of FFM but not so much about the creative industry - does anyone here work in the creative industry in Frankfurt, and have any advice on how I can best use my creative and writing skills in this new country.

A good place for language (and other) courses is the Volkshochschule. This is a system of community colleges present in all sizable German cities. Most other language institutes are more expensive but are worth checking out if you don't find the fitting course. The bigger Volkshochschule should offer a good array of both intensive and slower paced courses. But it can also depend on what teachers they have available. Or if not enough people sign up for a given course then it can be cancelled. Use Google to find the options convenient to you and see what they offer. There are companies that offer private tutoring in most cities as well. An even cheaper option can be to put up a notice on a pin-board at the local University. Often students make money tutoring around the 15  - 25 euros an hour range.

Even if you manage to find a job writing in English, it is likely you will need passable German to get along both in work and private life. One can survive with English but one is limited in so many ways not to learn German.