Can I get Tax number while hotel hopping ?

Hi.

I will be moving to the island shortly and will ve doing bar work. I will be moving hotels every week or 2.

My question is can I register for a Tax/Social Security number without a permanent address ?

It looks like I cant but that doesnt seem fair that I cant work legally because Im staying in hotels.

Thanks in advance.

HotelMan wrote:

Hi.

I will be moving to the island shortly and will ve doing bar work. I will be moving hotels every week or 2.

My question is can I register for a Tax/Social Security number without a permanent address ?

It looks like I cant but that doesnt seem fair that I cant work legally because Im staying in hotels.

Thanks in advance.

You will also have to apply for your eResidence card as you are employed and therefore no longer a tourist. They, unfortunately, will expect you to show evidence that you have been here 3 months and have a permenant address
As far as a tax number is concerned, I just completed the simple tax registration form and took it in to the office, ( but that was 6 years ago). For tax purposes perhaps you could get a friend or work colleague to allow you to use their address just for registration.

Its not unfair if you are changing your address eveery week or 2 weeks because that is not your  permenant address.

SimCityAT wrote:

Its not unfair if you are changing your address eveery week or 2 weeks because that is not your  permenant address.

I'd be paying hotels,pay the hotel Eco Tax,etc. Doing nothing illegal and paying into the country.

Why keep moving from hotel to hotel?

GozoMo wrote:

Why keep moving from hotel to hotel?

Makes financial sense at the moment. Costs about £400 a month for a good 3 star,wifi,breakfast etc included. No deposits,no agency fees,no bills etc to deal with.