Job resignation

Hello everyone
  I am engineer working in Oman from past 3years. Now I have given my resignation to my present job with 1month notice period. But my manager is not signing the paper . He is forcing me to change the reason behind the resignation. My notice period is going to end What shall I do .
If I go to ministry of manpower can I get help?
Company can do any problems to me if I reach ministry of manpower ?
Please suggest me

hi Pavan, good evening, cases are different always from one individual to another, but overall as per the Omani Law, you shall complete your service period as per the contract signed between you and the company, which means till the end of the 4th year(working visa is for two years), where you will  be able to resign and not renew the contract, Man Power always there to support, but my advice, you shall solve the challenge in peace and carefully, so no one can harm you. and any support feel free to contact me, and good luck

Hi Pavanbv,

Every expatriate employee is entitled to resign from his / her job any time, irrespective of the contract period, as long as the mandatory notice period is served. No employee can be forced to stay back and work once the employee has decided to quit. If the company does, then it would amount to serious human rights violations.

All employment contact will have a section on resignation / termination. See what your employment contract says there. Follow as you have agreed. So first see what is the notice period mentioned in your employment contract which you would have signed prior to joining the job. Or the revised employment contract which would have been given to you when your employment visa was renewed.

No manager can demand that the reason for your resignation be changed. It is not their business. You can flatly refuse to make any changes to please the management / organisation.

Also, if you have mentally decided to quit, no one can stop you from quitting. Stand firm on your decision. Let your manager know that you cannot be bullied. Go by the exit terms as stated ion your employment contract.

If all efforts prove to be futile, go to the Indian Embassy and report your case to them in detail. They will step in and will resolve it for you.

Hi thanks for the suggestion . That's the way I am trying In peace full way but my manager is not ready to sign . For how many days I must wait . It's almost 1month I have given resignation

Hi sumitran.  I am firm in my decision and don't want to step back . But it's almost 1month over after giving my resignation still there is no reply

Moderated by Christine 5 years ago
Reason : please do not post your contact details on the forum. Thank you
Pavanbv wrote:

Hi thanks for the suggestion . That's the way I am trying In peace full way but my manager is not ready to sign . For how many days I must wait . It's almost 1month I have given resignation

Hi Pavanbv,

Wait for what ??

You have given your resignation.

It has to be accepted. Else, your company must give you firm reasons - in writing - why it cannot be accepted.

Else, it is a flagrant denial of an employee's rights.

So, as the affected employee you have every right to escalate this issue to the officials for speedy redressal.

Hi sumit, it is not easy like what you suggest, because his company has the full right to object as well, yes it is his right to resign, but their are certain regulation and process to follow

ZST wrote:

Hi sumit, it is not easy like what you suggest, because his company has the full right to object as well, yes it is his right to resign, but their are certain regulation and process to follow

Hi ZST,

Regarding an employee wishes to move on, there can be no dispute between an employee and the employer - as long as the conditions laid out in the employment contract are met.