Job prospects in Sohar

My husband has a possible job offer to work in Sohar. We previously lived in Qatar for 9 years. Anybody out there with any advice regarding living conditions in Sohar? I am also a qualified teacher and would love to teach if possible. (South Africans)

Thanks in advance.

Hi jteague! Welcome on Expat-blog! :) I hope other members will be able to advice you regarding living conditions in Sohar.

For job search, you might view the Oman classifieds > job section and post an ad there as well. It might help you to find a teaching job.

Best of luck
Christine

Though living conditions/standard of living isn't as good as Muscat, I feel it is decent out there.  There are good villas and apartments available as there has been a hive of activity on the building front recently. It is a nice half-way between point between Dubai and Muscat. So it gives you lot o choice when you wanna have a break. Besides, as a teacher you would most definitely be able to land a job. Best wishes.

Nice city and cheap comparing with Muscat and Salalah.
and also so near from Dubai,from Sohar to Dubai Mall 2hours and half bye car :cool:thats mean u can shopping weeckly from Dubai.

Hi.I have a job offer in sohar and i want to consider the offer.
Is the lifestyle there nearly like dubai? Or can i travel
every weekend from sohar to dubai by car for shopping without visa or anything.

Thanks.:)

I looking for job at sohar. I am fresher after completing B.Sc agriculture. How can I get job here?