Newbie here

Hello to everyone.

I  am a retired guy from England. I have a lot of experience of life in Manila but am now seeking to settle down in Davao if I can find my feet there. I am looking to eventually rent a condo long term and would be grateful for any suggestions forum members can offer in this connection.

In the meantime I will need to find a comfortable hotel (not too pricey) to stay in for maybe one month whilst I look for a condo. Once again I would be grateful for any suggestions as to a budget hotel.

I wish everyone a great weekend.

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum.  Can't help you with anything Davao, but there are people here who can and will, might have to wait until Monday.  Waiting for info on the forum is good practice for living in the Philippines.

HI Sentinent
I have just returned from Davao to Australia, and regularly travel to Davao as my wife is from a province near by. I can not offer a budget place to stay but Red Nights Garden Address: 88 8th St, Guadalupe Village, Davao City, 8000 Davao del Sur, Philippines Phone: +63 82 234 3408. Is a great place to stay good food/room service and it is a place where many expats go just to eat the food. The price is determined by your length of stay and it is close to the airport and the Abreeza shopping mall. It is inside a housing development complex with security guard and the resort has a security guard as well at the front entrance. It is  very quiet place where i love to escape to, just for the serenity.

Now condo's, it is really hit and miss i have stayed in magallanes residences which is in the heart of the city. A 2 minute walk from Rizal park which is a (legitimate) pop up massage place every night, up to 30 Masseurs appear every night. Good internet connection, great pool but management is a problem. (you know the old saying if her lips are moving she is lying)

Another condo area is near SM Mall Ecoland, have only stayed there once and i confess to walking to the mall everyday to watch a movie for 200 pesos. The unit i stayed in had no cable and bad wifi, though if i lived there long term i would have put these facilities on.

Thank you for your responses