New friends

Hi Everyone, I'm originally from MD and am living in Dorado, PR. I'm really into outdoor activities and have been looking for some partners to explore more of PR. I haven't been able to find any classes or lessons to keep me active and I haven't really met anyone who is into outdoor activites. Is anyone  interested or have any suggestions for classes/lessons/things to do around Dorado?

Hi KMee,

I'm actually moving to PR in Sept but will be there for about 5 days in about 2 weeks.  I'm from Ohio  & making the big move to be closer with my BF who is a native.

We definitely enjoy the outdoor life & he's very familiar with PR & where to go.  If you want to do something when I'm there in 2 weeks or Sept, just let me know.  There's not too much going on in Dorado regarding outdoor life from my own personal knowledge.  Farther west of Dorado, there are the Camuy Caves that I haven't explored yet & am hopeful that I will get to do them on my upcoming visit. 

Also, Dorado is not too far from San Juan.

Go to http://eyetour.com. There are a number of very nice short video clips of places to go around the island. You might find something you like. Enjoy.

Gregg

Hey hi KMee! There's a lot of caves in PR, a ridiculous amount. Me and a couple of friends have been visiting them for some time now, and we still have a lot to cover. The Camuy caves are pretty cool, but since it's a guided tour, the tour can feel more constricted than if you were to go to another cave. Anyway, I live in Bayamón, let me know if you're interested and you and your friends can join us in a next cave tour :)

Hi, I was on the beach in Ocean Park Park on the beach today (between Isle Verde and Condado, near Barbosa Park, and a lot of people were parasailing and sail-surfing (?), so I walked down and saw that they were giving lessons. Today was very windy and a lot of people were out doing it, so I suggest checking into that. I couldn't see the business name, but there was a .com. there may be one near you or this is a short distance. I photograph them ;-)!
Also, Que Pasa Magazine which you can pick up at most hotels has some good ideas. I've found that CL, which I was used to using, isn't that active here. I haven't found a very active forum for connecting with people who want to join in activities yet. If I do, I will certainly post here.

Hello KMee,welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that you will get through what you are looking for.

Good luck,
Harmonie.

Hi!

There are tons of things to do, El balneario, El yunque which has zip lines and water falls, the radio telescope in Arecibo, The island is tiny and driving around the whole island can take just 4 hours. Oh and I do suggest you check these people out. I had a blast with them last year. tropicaladventureguides.com/

-Miguel

Hi, not exactly a response to your request but we are staying the winter in Isla Verde, San Juan area and when we come back next fall we don't want to be in a busy city. How do you like Dorado? Thanks.  cynthia