Seriously need advice on staying for a couple of years in Boke, Guinea

Hi Friends,
Myself Muhammed Resim, a Nursing degree holder from India, planning to travel and stay for another 2 years in Boke (approximately 250 KMs northwest to Country capital Conakry), as l have been offered with a Nursing job there by one of the Indian recruiters.
I am here because, i heard many things about the country and its poor infrastructure, crime rate and corruption, hence I am bit worried, whether to accept the offer or not. Thereupon, I literally need help from people who lived and/or know about this place. Looking for your kind support.

Thanks in advance

your buddy,
Muhammed Resim

Hi

I lived in Kamsar for 3 years which is about an hour west of Boké.  I am a white American.  But my situation was vastly different from the one you are considering.  First of all, I worked for a large construction management company that provided security for us.  Second, Kamsar itself is a secure area and one must have a badge or permission to enter.  While this is not always checked, it adds a significant layer of protection and safety for any expat. Third, my salary was not at all subject to any political whims or government influence.

How did you find out about this job?
What is the source of your income and how confident are you that you will, in fact, get paid?
Do you have an enforceable work contract?
Do you know any other people in Boké that speak your language?  Or that you can spend some leisure time with?
Where will you live?  Have you seen the living accommodations?  Remember the pictures will look ten times better than the real thing.
How do you plan to get money from time to time?  Have you thought about your budget?
Have you considered taking malaria medicine?  There are pros and cons to long term ingestion of this but you must make the decision whether or not it's right for you.

Having said all that, I find the Guinean people to be very friendly.  Perhaps some are not entirely genuine but that is the case everywhere.   Often, the populace will be incited to protest government action.  Sometimes, this can be met with force. You don't want to be anywhere near such an activity so get away and stay away from any dangerous, or potentially dangerous, situation.  I have heard (but never witnessed) cases where foreigners met with bad ends when they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Also, for what it's worth, there are many beautiful women in Guinea.  Many just want hand outs and I don't blame them.  But there are some genuinely sincere good women (and men) there.  You will soon determine who is who.

I wish you the best of luck.

Pascal