Moving to Croatia from Philippines

Hi, I'm a Filipino planning to migrate to Croatia. Any idea how much is the monthly cost of living in Croatia (in general) and what are the possibilities to get a job as a Filipino that doesn't know any Croatian language. My husband and I, haven't decided yet what part of Croatia we are going to move but we are thinking in Zagreb or in a coastal area. Your help and advice would be highly appreciated. Thank you :) .

Hi and welcome to the forum

For cost of living try www.numbeo.com 
Work may be a problem if you do not speak the language.

There is a Croatia guide in 'Discover' at the top of the page.

Thank you for the reply. I'll check the link that you forwarded. 😊

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please post only in english on the anglophone forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi, I'm a Filipino planning to migrate to Croatia. Any idea how much is the monthly cost of living in Croatia (in general) and what are the possibilities to get a job as a Filipino that doesn't know any Croatian language. My husband and I, haven't decided yet what part of Croatia we are going to move but we are thinking in Zagreb or in a coastal area. Your help and advice would be highly appreciated. Thank you :)

tgjumaoas wrote:

Hi, I'm a Filipino planning to migrate to Croatia. Any idea how much is the monthly cost of living in Croatia (in general) and what are the possibilities to get a job as a Filipino that doesn't know any Croatian language. My husband and I, haven't decided yet what part of Croatia we are going to move but we are thinking in Zagreb or in a coastal area. Your help and advice would be highly appreciated. Thank you :)

Why are you asking the same question you asked last year? You have been given an answer.

I didn't see the reply

I forgot everything about it. Never mind it. 😉

Hello,
It depends. Are you going to rent an apartment or you already owned one? Rent for apartment is not expensive when you compare it to the condos in Phils. I think it's around P6,000 - P8,000 per month outside the city (excluding electricity, water, internet). City apartments are expensive (usually with 2 bedrooms and really spacious) and can cost you up to P30,000. Food or grocery items would cost you quite a bit since we don't have small packages (tingi-tingi) here but that would also save you money since you can shop maybe for only twice a month. Staple items like flour, eggs, meat (chicken, pork, beef, sausages) are cheaper. Veggies and fruits are also cheaper when in season. Just dont buy the imported ones like Mango, Avocado or Pineapple because they can cost up to P300 per kg. If you have a garden to plant some veggies, then that would save you some money too. Bread is cheap, like P30 or so for 1 loaf. White rice is around P40-50 per kg. I think you can survive for food items (grocery and household items) with P15,000 but still depends how many mouths you feed and if you cook at home, then its better.
It's hard to find a job without knowing the local language. If you find one in the city that accepts English speaker,  that could be a higher position I believe.

Hope this helps.

-Marlette

Hi Marlene, thanks for the info. By the way, I searched the place where you are located and the place that my husband is staying is just nearby. Like 40 mins by car. How long have you been there?