How do foreigners pay their job tax

Hi! I am a foreign in Budapest. I have a part time job and I should pay tax for it.
Does anyone know the procedure of how to pay for the tax, where to go and after how many working hours or period we should pay? And is it possible to p1y on-line?
Thank you

Part time job is somewhat ambiguous, so I will give a few scenarios:

1) If you are legally employed (that is you have a tax number and supplied it to your employer), then your employer should be deducting your taxes from your salary automatically. You don't need to do anything else. Ask your employer or the tax office (NAV) for an accounting of the taxes you paid so far.

2) You do not have a tax number and your employer is not deducting -- you may be working illegally (black). Getting a tax number and asking to pay your tax may result in you and your employer being fined for illegal employment.

3) You are "freelance" working. Actually, there is no real "freelance" type in Hungary (well there is---- but it is complicated). You normally have to register as either a sole trader business or register for the KATA tax scheme (only available if you don't earn over the max income limit). KATA means you pay a fixed amount each month and need do nothing else. Sole trader requires you to itemize all your bills and you must hire an accountant.

4) You live in Hungary only a few months -- you probably do not owe any tax in Hungary.

In sort, if you do not already have a tax number, you need to go to the nearest NAV office and ask for further information. Someone there should speak English if you do not speak Hungarian, or ask for a real time translator to come with you:

https://www.expat.com/en/business/europ … erpreters/

Thank you very much for your explanation :)
I work legally and did the procedure of obtaining a tax number and I had the tax booklet which I have to mention the working hours and salary.
The company in which I work does nt automatically retain tax fees from our salaries. I will ask about more information in the office which you have described.
Many thanks.

Salam aleikum Sarah
How are you?
About paying taxes you don't need to pay it by yourself. Your company should be do it if Your work are legal
Or if you work on your own bussnis so you must pay it
The office name ADO
good luck
Salam

Wa alaikom salam
Thank you very much :)

Your welcome
There are many Tunisian in Budapest
I live faraway from Budapest about 100km