Affordable schools for children age 16,15 and 11.

Hi! we have children age 16, 15, 11, currently studying in singapore.

International schools in KL seems to be beyond our reach due to their cost. Can someone please kindly share what are the other options? It will be great if we can send our children to schools that use English as their main language, and a system similar to singapore, where our children can proceed to take their  "o"levels and "A" levels cambridge exams will be perfect.

The work place will be at Petaling Jaya. Would it be better to live in KL city or Petaling Jaya itself? We have only visited KL city so far.

thank you !!!

Welcome on board ilovecooking :)

I hope that other members of the site will be able to help you with some useful school recommendations.

Regards

thank you very much !We are really in need to know how much the education cost would be for our 3 children, as this will be the deciding factor for accepting the job offer.Also, what about public schools? are foreigners eligible? Is there any public school using english as their main language of teaching?

ilovecooking wrote:

Hi! we have children age 16, 15, 11, currently studying in singapore.

International schools in KL seems to be beyond our reach due to their cost. Can someone please kindly share what are the other options? It will be great if we can send our children to schools that use English as their main language, and a system similar to singapore, where our children can proceed to take their  "o"levels and "A" levels cambridge exams will be perfect.

The work place will be at Petaling Jaya. Would it be better to live in KL city or Petaling Jaya itself? We have only visited KL city so far.

thank you !!!

Hi I love cooking,

oh my - I am doing the exact opposite. I am going to singapore to ensure my kids get a better education.

anyways - i think it would be almost impossible for your kids to enrol in a Public Schools as their medium of instructions is in Malay now. Public schools do not offer O or A levels.

However there are plenty of private colleges/schools where you may get your kid enrolled.

Please try googling. I think you should set aside about RM 35-RM 60K per annum per child.

As for accomodation- you need to decide which college/school you want to send your kids before you decide where you want to stay. But generally - you can stay in a pretty decent place at RM 2K. About RM 3K would provide you more than comfortable living. Above that figure - you would be very comfortable.

hope this helps

Cheers,

DA

Hi,
I don't think local schools are going to be an option due to the use of BM as medium of instruction. Chinese school? Very popular even with the non chinese parents...