Moving to Ostrava- Apartment Question

Hi everyone!

I found out this morning that I got the job in Ostrava that I had applied for!  (Now I'm excited, scared, and panicking a bit!)

I was just wondering if it's possible to rent an apartment before I get there.  Is that common?  I just want to have as much prepared as possible before my arrival.

Thanks,

Jo

Hello,
Do not worry. Ostrava is amazing. Accomodation is cheap. Enjoy. I am looking for a job in Ostrava however I cannot speak Czech thats why, could not find so far. Where will work btw?

I'd recommend  having your employer set you up with a realtor. If possible, have the employer provide you temp housing for a month or 2. It's not uncommon.

Hi Jo

I work in Ostrava 2 days per week. There's plenty of reasonably-priced accommodation there. The city is quite spread out so check that you will have easy public transport connections to your place of work. I know a few people there so if i can help you in any way just ask. I think there's a message board in one of the big companies i work with and maybe they advertise flats for rent.

Regards, Mark

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please don't promote your services on the forum. Advertising is not allowed. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@hsyn3648

hi am lahari coming to ostrava to do an internship and looking for accomdations can you please help me

@hsyn3648

hi am lahari currently studying in france coming to ostrava to do an internship and looking for accomdations can you please help me

@laharithotamsetty

Hello and welcome !

you are participating on an old thread. I doubt you'll receive any feedback. Please post an advert in the housing section so that you may receive some offers : https://www.expat.com/en/housing/europe/czech-republic/

All the best

Bhavna