Arriving in Sri Lanka

Hello, I wish to fly to Colombo with my 6 kilo little dog & stay for 4 months.  I do not wish to encounter any problems & would greatly appreciate solid advice from knowledgeable people regarding the country's rules & regulations.

1. What kind of visa do I need for a four month stay. I will be starting my journey from Spain with my dog but am a British citizen.  I am a retired lady.

2. My dog has a pet passport for travelling between the UK & Spain. She is microchipped, has blood tests done & all vaccinations are up to date. Are there any further requirements.

3. I need a flight all of the way into Colombo by a pet friendly airline that allow s my dog in the cabin such as Lufthansa, KLM, Swiss.

4. Can I enter Sri Lanka with a single one way ticket or must I have a return.

I took my now deceased 2 dogs & cat in India in the past, we all lived there for four years.  They had a wonderful Vet, a good home, were very happy & well cared for.  My dog is used to the heat of Spain & will be perfectly happy being with me.

Advance thanks for welcome advice.

I think you need get pre approval.

can a foreigner enter sri lanka with a one way ticket only or is it really required to have roundtrip ticket??? bcoz in my case i want to extend my stay there for a couple of days or months my sri lankan fiance is there also now.