Marrying a Sri lankan guy!!

hi. i am a filipina , i would like to ask what is the exact requirements to get marry to srilanka? my boyfriend is srilanka..

thank you!

You can get marry to a sri lankan here in Sri Lanka. There is no such restrictions here in sri lanka. Even i was married to a foriegn lady here. Come to sri lanka and get marry. Then translate your marriage certificate in to english and get it endorsed from your embassy. Simple as that.

hi sir superman :) thank your infomation.. may i know what are the requirements of getting marry in sri lanka? thank you so much

U must have two witness to signature.

only that sir?  i dont need my singleness documents?

If you have that kind of certificate and if you can take it. Yes you can take along with you. No harm in bringing additional information.

Good luck.

hello Superman man..is there no issue about age in getting married to a sri lankan man specially if his a buddhist?

No issues. No barriers... You can get marry to any one

Can u give me advice.the mother of my fiance know that i am 7 yrs. Older than him and she had change of mind..she said how she will introduce me to their relatives if im old in age and maybe i look old and fat...so u have any advice on how to ler think outside of the boz??

well.. in general sri lankans are laid back and bit conservative. In your case your fiancee can convince her mum that its not what others think is important. Its about him and the person who loves. people bother what others will think in sri lanka though new generation changing the tables. How ever your fiancee can convince her mum. Age, looks and difference all come to standstill. love is blind. Nywys i wish you good luck.

Thanks..

hi i want to marry a srilankan girl .,pla guide me on this .,kindly send you rcontact number

Assallamu allaikom,hai all of u thier, im also a filipina but muslim filipina i have a sri lankan boyfriend in my case his family accept our relationship but my family dont like that man and they really dont allow us to get married even though me and my boyfriend wanted to get married,

Aljohana, If he is not from Muslims, then it is much easy as our main culture is not Muslims. We are  More opened to any culture, you can adopt to here culture in non Muslims way which is the easiest way..If you are married to Local Muslim guy then you need to marry under Muslim act and need to follow general law as well..For a Non Muslim it can get marry under General law, For a local Muslim general law + Muslim law (2 Laws)... I advice you to get marry under normal law as it is not that difficult even you are non Sri Lankan...There are many western men & women get marry here to women and men, it gets very comman now a days.. And ofcourse living in Sri Lanka is much better than Philiphines..

Hi superman I hve Sri Lankan bf & I'm married in Philippines but separated, is there no issue of getting married to Sri Lankan guy

What if I convert my religion into his religion can we get married even I don't hve annulment documents

There is no issue of religion. If you are separated do you have legal documents to prove it? In case they might ask for divorce paper to mention in the marriage certificate that you being married before. Im not too sure about that.

In sri lanka there is no barrier to getting marry because of the religion. Any faith can be married.

U mean needed documents to prove Dat m separated,,,

In Philippines no divorce, is there other way, pls I need advice

Then mention u never being married. An say u were single when they register the marriage. No need complications.

What documents needed of getting married in sri Lanka can I hide my marital status?

nothing. bring your passport and Birth certificates translated version. If u already have police clearance certificates its ok. If u dont have police clearance certificate its no problem.

But my status n passport is married,, how

bring any form of identification document or if you can give them the correct name while registering the marriage. it would be fine.

Aside of birt certificate what other documents

What visa do I need to apply if I go with him to Sri Lanka

Hi, I am new here.

Can anyone give me advice, My boyfriend is Sri Lankan and we are planning to get married in Philippines. What are the requirements he need to secure from his side? We are currently residing in Doha, Does he need to go to Sri Lanka to get the Requirements needed? or we can get it here in the Embassy.

Hi,

The document requirements for a foreigner marry in another country depends on the country he is planning to marry in (I guess its Philippines in this case). So you would need to check this from your end.

However, the general documentation required would be:

# Marital status certificate from Sri lanka. (Your boyfriend needs to obtain a document from Sri lankan government proving his current partnership status, unmarried, divorced etc. This can be obtained from the Sri lankan embassy in another country.

# His identity originals and copies (passport and his ID)

# His resident status of the country he is marrying in (visa page of the passport showing Philippines visa)

Best of luck!

@Superman man

good day sir, I'm kile from Philippines.

can you give me advice about my situation right now about my sri lankan boyfriend.

me and my boyfriend currently working here in japan.. i meet him in our company and he's working for a partime job. He is a student visa at the same time working here in japan for partime job. He will going to graduate next year march. I'm a training here in japan in our company.

we're 10 months in relationship now , only my family know about our relationship and my friends and his friends.. his mother doesn't know me before, just now.

this week was his mother called him for a arrangement proposal.. i was so shocked about it. However I understand because his mother doesn't know at the first place.

we talk about it but he himself doesn't know how to fix the situation he told me at that time.. i said maybe because you're mother doesn't know about me that's why his trying to find a match for him.

and soon ..  I cry.. because I love him..

but that time he was comforting every time we talk about it he said he love me i said I trust him .. his mother want him to go to sri lanka for the proposal.. what should i do? What should we do to stop his mother for paring him to other girl?

what he should do to fix the situation?

thank you..

Ask him to tell his mother about you? He doesn't HAVE to do what his mother says and marry a proposal. Sri Lankan mothers love to exert control over their sons. Put pressure on him to be honest with his mother about you or leave the relationship because if he's too weak to tell his mother he does not want an arranged marriage (especially if he's saying he loves you) then why do you want to get your heart broken by him later? If he really loves you he must do the right thing.

@Superman man
good day sir, I'm kile from Philippines.
can you give me advice about my situation right now about my sri lankan boyfriend.
me and my boyfriend currently working here in japan.. i meet him in our company and he's working for a partime job. He is a student visa at the same time working here in japan for partime job. He will going to graduate next year march. I'm a training here in japan in our company.
we're 10 months in relationship now , only my family know about our relationship and my friends and his friends.. his mother doesn't know me before, just now.
this week was his mother called him for a arrangement proposal.. i was so shocked about it. However I understand because his mother doesn't know at the first place.
we talk about it but he himself doesn't know how to fix the situation he told me at that time.. i said maybe because you're mother doesn't know about me that's why his trying to find a match for him.
and soon .. I cry.. because I love him..
but that time he was comforting every time we talk about it he said he love me i said I trust him .. his mother want him to go to sri lanka for the proposal.. what should i do? What should we do to stop his mother for paring him to other girl?
what he should do to fix the situation?
thank you..
-@Maria Kile

Just ask him to be a real man and take his responsibility! If he would not do it you be a real woman and say goodbye to him!