planning to go US for a visit

Hi guys,

I am new to this, needs to get your experience and guidelines for my upcoming visit,
I use to live in US for almost 16 to seventeen years and after my divorce dport from US for 10 years which ends up last year have 18 years old daughter living in US and did not seen her for almost 11 years but in touch with her all the years I am away from her.
Now my elder brother ( US citizen ) inviting me for my niece wedding and me and my second wife planning to apply for a visit visa, I have a good job and I am working here in KSA for last 9 years. appreciate your suggestion and opinion, Thanks.

You need to apply and try your luck.

It also depends on what you were deported for.   Even though the 10 year ban is over, you need to be able to demonstrate significant change in your circumstances that would reassure the visa officer that you are not a risky entrant (considering the past circumstances).

Essentially, you need to be able to show strong economic and social ties to the location you are applying from.  This means that you have enough going for you that you will return to Saudi and not disappear in the US.   A good job, income, property, family, a travel history to western countries etc will all help.  Also be truthful about the reasons for your travel to the US now and the past deportation.

thanks for your reply brother, No after they deny my case I have to come back and of course there will be 10 year ban on me and I accepted it, despite this from KSA I travel to pakistan , malaysia and bahrain. even before going to US i travel to all over europe too and I am pretty much sattle here, but again thanks for all your point which I need to be focus on to travel to US, I have no intention to stay there more then what am asking also. so lets see what will be the outcome of my trip either granted or not its all up to them.


If you were removed from the U.S. because you, for example, overstayed your visa, violated the terms of your status, or committed a serious crime (even if you had a green card), the United States expects you to remain outside its borders for some time to come. To that end, you will be considered "inadmissible" under U.S. immigration law, and thus not allowed to return to the U.S., for a number of years.

Once you have been deported, the United States government will bar you from returning for five, ten, or 20 years, or even permanently. The exact length of time depends on the facts and circumstances surrounding your deportation. (Most deportees are barred for ten years.) For the details,

Just to be clear, there is no way to simply reverse your deportation. If you violated the terms of your visa, for instance, that visa has now been canceled. If you committed a crime, or did something else that makes green card holders deportable, you no longer have U.S. lawful permanent residence.

In rare cases, where there was a miscarriage of justice or new information has come to light, you may be able to have your case "reopened" or "reconsidered."

But more likely, if you plan or hope to come back to the United States, you will need to start from the beginning, by first finding a basis upon which you're eligible for an nonimmigrant (temporary) or immigrant (permanent) visa, and then determining whether you can overcome your inadmissibility in order to successfully apply for it.
If you wish to apply for admission to the U.S. as an immigrant while the deportation-based bar is still in effect, you may be able to arrange this by first completing USCIS Form I-212. Form I-212 is a request that the U.S. government lift the bar early and allow you to go forward with your visa application. Not everyone is allowed to use it; if, for example, you have committed murder or certain other crimes, this waiver is not open to you.

You will also need to submit various documents that explain and support your case, including records of your removal proceedings. These might be affidavits from people who know you, medical records, employment records, birth certificates of family members, and so on.

The I-212 instructions list a number of "favorable factors" that you should try to document in support of your case, such as evidence of close family ties in the U.S., hardship to your U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident relatives or employer or to yourself, your reformation and rehabilitation, how long you were lawfully present in the U.S. and your immigration status during that time, your respect for law and order, your good moral character, your family responsibilities or intent to hold family responsibilities, the absence of significant undesirable or negative factors in your case, your eligibility for a waiver of other inadmissibility grounds, and the high likelihood that you will become a lawful permanent resident in the near future.

Or you may need a competent Attorney to resolve the problem. Knowing your status the fees may not be cheap. Please check thouroughly prior to investing any mones,.


what about if you completed your period and then wants to apply for visit visa ????

after christmas holidays....may  be january or february 2019

You may have to try and complete the required forms at the Local US Embassy.
They will make the final out come and the decision.
Meanwhile, its advised that you consult a lawyer to avoid complictions.


All depends on the embassy, since you have mentioned you were deported seems quite difficult.

Once immigration deport someone back to their country for any resonó, it will be very hard and dificult for that person to come back to usa....even of you have a lawyer

New topic