Anyone sending their children to Vinschool?

Hi all, I am moving to HCMC in Sept and we went to see some schools and apartments over the weekend. we are keen to move to Vinhomes Golden River and saw that they are building a Vinschool there. Their website is not great and can't get through via phone. Was wondering if any expat parents are sending their kids here?

Do they teach in English? Are they ant good, what are your experiences of the school? They take in expat children?

Also considering Saigon Star Int School, any reviews on them?

TIA for your help :)

I would stay far away from anything that starts with a 'Vin'.

Feel free to send me a private message if you would like to discuss

As a former teacher, I can assure you that this school is appalling. I would strongly advise against sending any child there.
The senior management have no idea what they are doing.  None whatsoever. They are mostly in their positions because of nepotism, not because of merit. Therefore, these schools are seriously failing. These schools are very poorly run, therefore they're haemorrhaging money - money that could be spent enriching students' learning, or at the very least fixing the constantly broken technology and resources.
They treat the teachers terribly (sadly, Vietnamese teachers seem to have it worse than the foreign teachers). Therefore staff morale is low, and turnover is high, which does not make for a successful school. There are plenty of reviews elsewhere online to support this.
The management does not seem to know anything about education. Therefore there are many issues with the academic side of things, as well as the behaviour. Literacy standards are very low, and there seems to be very little organization, or consistency between the classes. They don't acknowledge special needs students, of which there is a significant amount, because they want to present themselves as a ‘world-class school'. I'm pretty sure the top schools in the world work tirelessly to support all students, regardless of their ability and talents.
Finally, I found the most worrying thing about this school was the fundamental lack of morals amongst its senior management. They lie constantly, they seem unaffected by the fact that they are failing thousands of students and they don't care about treating teachers respectfully.

I agree.  Looks great from outside but admin and corp are all about money.  You would get a much better English education for a cheaper price at many schools in Vietnam.  This place is a nightmare run by people who have no true educational background.  They tell many lies and threaten teachers using their contract.  Their contract has many clauses that violate the labor laws.  If you threaten to go to the labor department they will back down from their threats.  Be very careful, they are good at making you feel as though they are looking out for your best interests but will do the opposite.

I am currently seeking an English teaching position in Ho Chi Minh, so many thanks for the warning against Vinschool. Are there any other international schools I should be wary of?
Thanks so much.
Lu

Scary! Thanks for the warning!

QuidProQuo wrote:

I love VINmart!

:D

QuidProQuo wrote:

Yeah, what out for Vinegar!

We actually very easy to criticize but it won't make us a better person, especially for those like me , who have to stay here to earn my living.

I can say that we can't live without "Vin" in Vietnam now and future, they have their airplane, home appliances, "GRAB"...

I have some expat friends also who work in vinmec, vin this vin that, Vin are learning from the scrap, but I can see they are really learning and learn very fast.

So stop criticizing just be here to see their improvement.

Besides vinschool is not an international school, the price is 30-40%% other international school in the town, you pay for what you get.

Hi all

what is it like for African American or Black British teachers in Vietnam?   Are there any?

Please say something about VinSchool now, as of Feb 2020 please someone.

Vinschools have been in VietNam since 2013. If it's bad like what they have said then why it can still here. Vietnam is a developing country, so do you think the government will just let something bad like that be sustainable? By the way, my big brother who studies at Vinschool is still smart, unlike what they have said about Vinschool's education = ) Vinschool is where your child has to work for themself. Their teacher will just teach your child how to deal with this FORM

And about someone who has said that " her stay far away from anything that starts with a 'Vin' " I think that is just her opinion because I'm using them, like Vinamilk, Vinaphone, Vinfast, Vinmart, Vinsmart, ....etc.

I'm just a 13 Vietnamese boy who looks at these comments and does not agree with them about "VIN". That's what Vietnamese peoples proud of. Well if you see any grammatical issue please don't mind them =))

This is even longer than my normal paragraph XD

Hahaha, yeah right, youre a 13- year old viet boy. Some people just have too much time on their hands.

@Harris Trinsky

hi I have been offered a position in Haiphong at a Vin School the salary is good

@Harris Trinsky

hi I have been offered a job at a Vin school in Haiphong teaching science and global perspectives

the salary is good but I am unsure about the reviews

@Harris Trinsky
hi I have been offered a position in Haiphong at a Vin School the salary is good
-@kirstenprokidz

His comment was from 13 July 2018 you may want to check the date before you answer posts.

@Harris Trinsky
hi I have been offered a job at a Vin school in Haiphong teaching science and global perspectives
-@kirstenprokidz

Please start a new thread for your question in the Hanoi forum

@Harris Trinsky
-@kirstenprokidz
Please start a new thread for your question in the Hanoi forum
-@Andybris2020

I agree w Andy, seems gossips abound. CK out VN advertising, ck out whether or not truth or fiction before disparaging remarks.

https://vinschool.edu.vn/en/home-page/

Respectfully,

MAc