Need some advice about my job offer and moving in Riyadh

Hi fellow expats,
Next month I will move to Riyadh from UK, as a GM in a restaurant and wanted to ask how is life there and if my offer is fair.

Basic salary- 17k
House allowance - 4.3 k
Transportation  - 1k
Other allowance - 2.8k
Phone allowance - 500

30 days holidays and plane tickets after 11 months back and return.

I lived in Dubai but I have a feeling that life there is a little bit different and wanted to ask you if you can give me some details about fun activities and life a sigle guy !

Assuming you are holding a UK passport, the salary + perks seems to be on the lower side !!

Legally fun activities are very limited to shopping/eating out and mixing with the same gender at public places !!

saimans wrote:

Legally fun activities are very limited to shopping/eating and mixing with the same gender at public places !!

That is the best description of fun activities in Riyadh lol. And note he started with Legally lmao. There might be other fun activities that you might know of...but in here there are mostly illegal.

this will be monthly sal+perks.should I negociate for more?

Can some one from the compaunds can tell me how life is there?

Salary is about right go for the allowance I would expect that to be as much as your salary as that figure is not subject to % increases.  Transportation should be a % of salary as should the housing.
Plenty of things to do here!

Hi, what currency are your figures in? In GBP 17k per calendar month is a lot!

SR not Pounds ! Would have been nice to be £

It sounds about average but I would ask for a little more and see what they say. Lige on compounds is more relaxed and you will be surrounded by people from diverse backgrounds. All the best in your new job.

Basic salary- 17k Good
House allowance - 4.3 k If you want to live in  Western Compounds, this may not be enough
Transportation  - 1k usually transportation is 10% of basic salary
Other allowance - 2.8k hmm, like the nature of work?
Phone allowance - 500 can get you unlimited data and unlimited national phone calls

If you are coming alone, and wants to live off compounds, the house allowance is more than enough, and since you lived in Dubai, you would have a better understanding of Saudi Arabia. Further, cost of living in Saudi Arabia almost half of what it cost you in Dubai.

Thank you very much ! This kind of answer I was looking for.
After a little bit of reserch , I got to the conclusion that is better to live in western compound.that allowance I can use it how ever I want (for house or transportation).
About renting a car for long term there: I saw some offers but they seem to expensive even for Europe.Here you can get with 2000Rs/month a ggod car , insurance included.does some one has some info about that?