Contract Payment delays

Hi,
I am working in Oman on a contract based role since last 5 months. An Indian firm hired me in India and, in Oman and local partner is also is a company with a good number of employees. Since last 4 months, I got only 2 months of payment only and that too after asking and follow up with them for too many times. Now, after pushing a lot, they are saying payment will be further delayed because the client is not releasing payment. What to do in this case? If I want to quit this job and go back to India. If I do so, do I get my payment?

Hi kikuve,

There are many contractors who are entirely dependent on their clients' money to pay its employees. And when some client's delay or fail to meet their payment cycle, the employees'salaries get delayed as a result. This couldprove to be a recurring problem.

If you are thnking of calling it quits, then never quit before collecting all your pending dues. Else, you will never see your money. Stick around till your dues are cleared and only then leave.

Thank you for your reply.  I got your point. My job is good, and the monthly payment they offered is also good.  I can be in Oman for the long term for this offer.  But, After trying also, the client is not paying. The reason is unknown. How to survive without money? That's the reason, I thought of quitting.
Is there any chance that, we can recover after leaving Oman aswell?

Hi kikuve,

If you leave without collecting your dues, you can kiss your money goodbye.

What is the process to follow to recover dues? Can you please suggest?

Hi kikuve,

Obviously, you have to go through the legal and official channels only; report the same to the Indian Embassy and complain to the Ministry of Manpower as well.

kikuve wrote:

Hi,
I am working in Oman on a contract based role since last 5 months. An Indian firm hired me in India and, in Oman and local partner is also is a company with a good number of employees. Since last 4 months, I got only 2 months of payment only and that too after asking and follow up with them for too many times. Now, after pushing a lot, they are saying payment will be further delayed because the client is not releasing payment. What to do in this case? If I want to quit this job and go back to India. If I do so, do I get my payment?

you can give one month notice and leave subject to the employers approval. you will be band for 2 years and cannot come back on work visa for 2 years.

if you want to get your payments then file a complaint in ministry of manpower and request for your transfer to other sponsor or for passport as they are not paying you.

kikuve wrote:

Thank you for your reply.  I got your point. My job is good, and the monthly payment they offered is also good.  I can be in Oman for the long term for this offer.  But, After trying also, the client is not paying. The reason is unknown. How to survive without money? That's the reason, I thought of quitting.
Is there any chance that, we can recover after leaving Oman aswell?

the only chance to recover after leaving oman is hiring a law firm. when you give power of attorney to a lawyer, he will be responsible to finish your case in court and once the money is collected it will be trafterd to your indian bank account.

for this you need to file a complaint in ministry of manpower before leaving