Uk spouse visa and universal credit

Hi, my husband is a Birtish citizen and he was claiming universal credit until last year August . That's 7 months ago. He works as Uber driver and earned 21,000 GBP for the last 7 months .
1) Can we meet the financial requirement to apply for my spouse visa ?
2) We were told by a friend that we have to wait until one year (this year August) to apply becoz he claimed benefit ? Is that correct ?
Really appreciate your answeres regarding above . Thanks in advance

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

As a non-EU wife of a British citizen, you need to apply for a "Family Visa", this link will take you to the UK Gov website where it explains the process.

To answer your specific questions:

The financial requirement is £18,600; if you have children, it raises by £3,800 for your first child and £2,400 for each child you have after your first child.

I'm not aware of any clause related to having previously claimed any social benefits.

The only thing that causes me any concern is that working for Uber as a driver is normally on what's known as a "zero-hour contract", which effectively means he has no guarantee of any work at all.  I don't think it should be a problem (at least the website doesn't prohibit, or ask you to declare zero-hour contracts).

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team