Living in Iran

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of moving to Iran to work in education (haven't found a job yet, but am applying at the moment).

I visited the country in 2015 and was amazed by the beauty. Obviously there's a difference between visiting a country as a tourist and actually living there, so I was wondering about your experiences as an expat living in Tehran?

How are the expenses?
Is it easy to find houding?
When I visited in 2015 there were financial restrictions which meant that I couldn't withdraw any money from ATMs.. is this still the case?
Are you experiencing any difficulties? Of so, What kind?

Thank you so much in advance

Hi Ron
I am Iranian and I live in Tehran..I can't tell my experiences as an expat because I live here from childhood..But there are some points that I can explain about them.
About the expenses as you know Tehran is somehow cheap but not in everything..
Food and transportation are cheap but renting house is expensive. Finding a house is somehow difficult for foreigners because people cannot trust them easily..You can find house and flat on internet. I myself rented my flat to a French person who live here as an expat..About taking money from ATM due to sanction there is some limitation, but some of exchange store offer you some facilities especially in Tehran.
The most difficult thing that you would face in Tehran is heavy traffic and air pollution as well as some restriction which imposed by Islamic rules for example about alcohol and etc.
As I mentioned I rented my flat to a French person and when I talked to him I realized that he is completely satisfied about people behavior, facilities, food and etc.
If you have any question ask me I try to cover all of them
Best,
MAHDI

Thanks a lot for the info!

Hi
I moved to Iran  six months ago from Europe.  I wouldn't recommend moving here. It is very different to visit than actually live here. In last six months I haven't seen even one other immigrant than myself.  And nobody speaks English here not even little.  I still haven't met anyone who could speak English.  So it is quite lonely life if you don't speak Farsi.
Things that you take as a granted in Europe are not that here. For example water and electricity can cut often. Housing is unreasonably expensive. Overall life is more difficult here.

Hi ,I am an iranian and live in tehran .it is quite difficult for foreigners to live here .