Free and low-cost leisure activities in Ukraine

Hello,

We invite you to share some information regarding leisure activities that are free or low-cost in Ukraine. This information will give future expats (or even current expats) an idea regarding some of leisure activities that they might not be aware of.

Is there a way to find out about free or low-cost fun activities in Ukraine, such as a specific app, or a newsletter, or magazine, tourism board, etc.? How do you find out where events are organised?

What are the most common free leisure activities in Ukraine?
Which free activities do you recommend for children, for teenagers, for adults, and for seniors?

Are there certain days where access to paid activities are offered at a lower price or even for free, such as museum entry, or exhibitions, or a theme park, etc.?

How do you maximise your leisure activities in the most cost-effective manner?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Hello,
it is really great topic but it is sad that no one share any ideas...
Well, I can start and present the way I look for cheap activities in Ukraine.
I am pretty new in this country, so I check many travel agencies who suggest [link moderated] and specific cities. Then I choose the low-cost tours and check all visiting places one by one. In this way I get a knowledge about popular places but find simple cheap way how to visit them. :)

Walking tours: in Lviv you can download a app on your mobile and walk around looking for the white arrows in town. You can listen to info about the buildings etc.

As an english speaker you could join an english-speakers club. They usually don't charge for native speakers and are happy you can help.

Children:
Beautiful parks - You can search 'playground' in Open Street Map. In lviv I recommend Ivan Franko park playground.

Many restaurants have playgrounds inside

Waterpark (free for kids but not for adults) -aqua lviv

horse riding - (this one is not cheap for Lviv but cheap compared to other countries): for one short ride is usually 50 - 100 Hrivnya. Or for an hour session is around 300 hrivnya. So expensive, but cheap compared to Germany for example.

Architectural museum - located in a forest - has many animals like geese, hawks, horses, rabbits, ducks, swans, 20 hrivnya entry. Turn up early.

Go cart racing - inside the architectural museum

Soap making - inside the architectural museum

Inside park - top of Forum