Possible relocation to Tianjin

Guys!

We might relocate to Tianjin  due to my husband's promotion.

In the meantime i would like to get as much info as possible:

1.What are the best residential in Tianjin?
2. Any expat compounds?
3. What are the rent prices?
4. Average monthly expenses?
5. Availability of western products?
6. Places to go out?

I would appreciate any info, advice.

1) Mei Jiang Nan area has nice redidences but not many good restaurants around.  Central areas have more character and closer to city life.
2)You don't need to live in a "compound" here it's very very safe.  There's definitely no apartment blocks with mainly western.  But all apartments have security and guards.  But it's so safe for foreigners in China.
3)Rents can vary.  Nice 2brm apart from about 2000RMB.  Very nice and large 3brm up to 4000RMB.
4) Living expenses depends on you.  If you buy your foods at the markets and cook at home - it's very cheap here.  Expensive dinner for two at an Indian restaurant could be up to 150RMB.  Cheap dinner for two at a Chinese place can be as low as 20-30RMB. 
5) Western products are available in Tianjin.  You'll find out where to get stuff from your husband's collegues.
6) Places to go out? - this is the worst part of Tianjin.  It's the most boring city I've ever lived in! :D  If you like the outdoor life, there's not much.  You have to work hard on this.  But you can find things like international cinema with a small selection of English movies, bowling and an ice rink.

Hi and welcome on board emin8r!

Thanks for your contribution ;)

Armand