Therapy services in Entebbe/Transportation question

Hi,

I'll be in Entebbe/Fort Portal for three months this summer and am looking for any sort of psychiatric/therapy resources.  (I see a therapist once a week here in the U.S. and would like to continue some sort of support)

Someone recommended that I contact the U.S. Embassy in Kampala, but I haven't yet been able to find anything on the website.

Also, I will be traveling between Entebbe and Fort Portal.  Any suggestions for transportation options?

Thanks!

Welcome on Expat.com mysoulfree ;)

I hope that other forumers will bring their contribution to your several queries soon.

Regards

Hi there,

I don't know of any psychiatric therapists in Uganda but I can ask some of my Ugnadan friends if they know and get back to you. By the way, I will also be visiting Uganda during the summer. I prety much want to visit the whole country so maybe we can meet sometime. I live in Toronto and have only been to Uganda once but did not travel to Fort Portal.

Talk later,

AJ

hi Ann, i live in Ebbs short for Entebbe but the therapy services are not that good not that i've been there but you can get some good services from Kampala a few miles from ebbs.

However, traviling to fortport is abit tiresome of course by road 4hrs drive from Kampala to fortportal using a bus as it is the safest and cheapest mode of transportation in Uganda.

This means you have got to book in advance and know what time the bus that will be bringing you back depart.

for more info email me at [email protected]