Potential Move to Dar es Salaam

Hi All,

My name is Paul from the UK but living overseas for the last 20 years.  I am in negotiation for a General Manager's role across Tanzania but based in Dar. 

I am married with two kids aged 3 and 7.   Looking to live in a 4 bedroom house in Oyster Bay with two cars Land Cruisers and a maid / driver. 

Kids will need to go to a good expat school but doesn't need to be the very best.  in the top 60% of expat schools in town. 

Would look to join one beach club

What would be a basic in hand salary expectation, a moderate one and then a very very good one.

Many thanks for all your help and looking forward to meeting you all when I get there.... Drinks are on me!!!!

hi Paul, it will depend on the company that you will be working, Some companies pays a lot, Some pay moderate amount , There is a lot of international schools here such as IST( international school of Tanganyika) , Agakhan international school but to find out much about those schools , Google international schools in Tanzania

There is also a lot of beach clubs in dar es salaam, such as Mbalamwezi beach club, Waterfront restaurant ( slipway), Msasani beach club  and are you looking for a house to rent? and those cars as well?

Yes i'm looking to rent both in the short term and perhaps buy the cars after a while.  Schools seem prohibitively expensive.  I current pay annually around USD 10K for schooling and don't really want to pay any more.

I think you can afford taking your children to these schools , Latham school, Haven Of. Peace Academy(HOPAC), F.k international schools .All of them are in Dar escsalaam and if you want a house to rent and cars , I will help you

Hey Paul plenty of International school in Dar es salaam.Based on your bugdet you can still find a good school.If you are looking to buy vehicles or renting appartment.Lets get in touch as soon as you are done with negotiations.