Address format in Karachi

Hello,
I am moving to Karachi in a few months for a new job. I have read a lot about life in Pakistan and especially in Karachi and it sounds amazing, but I still haven't figured out the address format. For example, what do 1-J 10/1 or R-244 stand for?
Thanks in advance
Allan

Hello Forsterall, These are the areas / sectors / Muhalla. Sometime address start with DK - , sometime starts with R- etc..
Like in Islamabad, we have sectors, I-8, I-9, F-11, F- 10 etc. :)

Thank you so much for your reply.
I have another question that I would like to ask you. It is a bit long, but I would really appreciate your help, just to make sure I understand correctly.
Take for example two addresses I found online:
The first one is R-727, Ancholi Overpass, Karachi, Pakistan.
The second one is 1-J 10/1, Muslim League Quarter, Nazimabad.
Are R-727 and 1-J house numbers or street numbers? And what about 10/1 in the second address?
Last question: if R-727 and 1-J are street numbers, does that mean that the first address lacks a house number?
Thanks a lot!!
Allan

forsterall wrote:

Thank you so much for your reply.
I have another question that I would like to ask you. It is a bit long, but I would really appreciate your help, just to make sure I understand correctly.
Take for example two addresses I found online:
The first one is R-727, Ancholi Overpass, Karachi, Pakistan.
The second one is 1-J 10/1, Muslim League Quarter, Nazimabad.
Are R-727 and 1-J house numbers or street numbers? And what about 10/1 in the second address?
Last question: if R-727 and 1-J are street numbers, does that mean that the first address lacks a house number?
Thanks a lot!!
Allan

Yes, R-727 and 1-J are house numbers, rest is sector i.e. 10/1 in Quarter.
area is ancholi overpass, it could be street name as well.

Actually quarters doesn't have house number, it has only quarter number... same as quarters==flats.  :)