New members of the Faroe Islands forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Faroe Islands forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in the Faroe Islands if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi there everybody,

I´m Javier Alejandro, but you can just call me "Alex", I´m from México, 32 years old. I´m a doctor specialized in weight control therapies, aesthetic medicine and emergency care plus general practitioner.

I have a good friend his name is Marner Thomassen, he is from Faroe Islands (Sandur) and we work together in an oil drilling company here in Mexico where I have also the opportunity to relate with several people from all over the world, however, Marner is one of the greatest guy that I ever met, and since I met him he speaks wonders of his home town. Lately he told me that Faroe Islands is needed of doctors and I saw the opportunity to go there and live the experience if is there a chance.

I´ve been looking for vacancies online but no good information around. Is there any way you could help me telling me where can I search or providing me a web address.

Is good to be here and share my thoughts with all of you guys so thanks for reading.

Thanks.

Alex

Welcome to the forum Alex

Have you tried an online search for hospitals and clinics and then contacting them direct?

Hello there Stumpy,

Thanks for your reply, as a matter of fact no, I have not, as I´m not sure yet witch is the local health care institution.

But I´ll give it a try. :D

I forgot to mention that I google for health institutions but there are mostly information regarding the national faroe islands hospital, I have found a couple of more institutions but the information is in the local language and I cannot understand.

You need to have Google Chrome as your search engine. This comes up with a translate option when opening foreign language sites.

There are 3 hospitals.
National Hospital of Faroe Islands  www.ls.fo
Klakvsvik Hospital www.ks.fo
Suouroy Hospital www.ssh.fo

Thanks a lot  stumpy,

I´ll send some e-mails now.  ;)

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=829982

Thanks!

Closed