Moving from the uk to Lisbon this summer 2018

Planning on moving to Lisbon from the uk. This summer 2018. I'm single never lived abroad before so its all going to be new. Im hoping to make a few  friemds on here before leaving.
I also need to find accommodate and a job.

Welcome to the Forum :)

Wow, going for the plunge, good on you. I don't blame you, the way the UK is now. All I can say is do your research, look out for scammers. Don't give anyone money who offers you work. If you can afford to, go out first and look for a place to stay first.

Good luck.

I think the European living systems are same. First days are hard but you will get along with new situation very soon. The people are friendly. However, you have to be aware of tricks too !
Check webs for finding place or renting rooms.
The normal price for rent a single room is 300 t0 400 euros.

Hi Beverlee,
Well done for taking the plunge. It's taken me longer but I'm on my way. I'll be in Lisbon checking out accommodation Jan '18 then will return in late summer to live, not sure exactly where as Lisbon is expensive. The expat community is socially the place to start I guess but personally I want to get to know locals and improve my language skills. Happy to meet for coffee In Sept. In the meantime as it advises, research research and research some more.

Hi Beverlee
I moved to Portugal last September
Good decision for you,hope keep in touch:)

I left Portugal ten years ago. I Such a big mistake. I have tried to return but couldn't find jobs in PORTUGAL. That's do hard being here in UK and our heart in our own country. Did you find a job already?

Hi Beverlee!

I hope that you had a nice move! if you are still in Lisbon and looking for a place to develop any skill here, I would be happy to help. I have a startup call SkillsGorilla.com. Have a look and feel free to drop me a line if I can help!

Hi, Im moving to the Lisbon area this month, have quite a few friends here. Also single, so keep in touch and we can have a glass of wine.

send me your info thanks