Ecuadorian Health Products

This thread is for health products of all kinds that are made/sold in Ecuador. One of my favorites is a company named  D'hoy (Ecopacific) which makes natural juices, smoothies, health shots and other stuff. What I like about D'hoy products, at least the ones I've bought so far, is that they contain 100% natural ingredients and without artificial colors, preservatives, artificial flavors or sweeteners.

So far I tried their health shots which are marketed for Relaxation, Sleep, Immunity, etc. The concoctions are quite good with some of the ingredients have been proven to provide health benefits.

But the smoothies are are absolutely delicious and reasonably priced for $1.45 for a 300 ml bottle (10 oz), of fresh fruits. The Berryfruits, my favorite, contains:  11 blackberries, 11 strawberries, 48 mortiños, ½ banana, a little coconut and sugar cane. Not bad for $1.50 and ready to drink.

At the moment I'm exploring 100% natural Ecuadorian honey. I've tried EcuaMiel but I prefer something with a thicker texture. So, if there are any recommendations do let me know but it must be 100% pure honey and without any preservatives. There are ladies that sell it on the street in jars, but i just don't know as I'm reluctant to buy stuff on the streets unless they're fruits and vegetables.

My friend, through one of his many contacts in ecuador, he's lived here 11 years, and originally lived in Quito and cumbaya, last year ordered us a liter of honey from the amazon.  It came in a square storage plastic container, and was $10.  I'm not a honey enthusiast, I cook with it, but my husband likes it in his tea (maybe once every 3 months), while I drink my tea unsweetened.  It's very thick like honey we are used to, but doesn't have the honey comb in it.  There are places here in Manta that sell it in recycled glass Gatorade bottles, with the honey comb, but I haven't tried it.  Last year I bought some Manuka honey on amazon (make sure you get at least the 15+ factor), and I love it.  It's just really expensive and we went through it pretty fast.  If you have a cold, sinus trouble or upset stomach, a tablespoon in a cup of hot tea will make you feel back to normal almost instantly. I've never had honey like that before, but Manuka comes from a specific area in Australia. 

If you want me to ask my friend who he ordered the amazon honey from, let me know and I will see if he can still get it.  Most stuff that he orders comes from Quito.

Have you possibly seen the C60 olive oil in Quito?  I hear it's amazing with its healing properties, but of course, it's not available in Manta, and I've checked the online sites.

Honey for me is basically sugar. With teas it's always honey and if I run out I'll use brown sugar. And thanks for the offer. A friend procured some good honey for me. The German market (mercado navideño alemán) currently has a kiosk that is selling varying grades of honey at this time as well. They will only be here until the new year, so if someone wants honey visit them, and enjoy German wheat beer while you're at it with some sausages.

I haven't heard of the C60 olive oil, but will definitely look into it as olive oil is important part of my diet. Thanks for the tip, Sophems.

Is organic or non organic coconut oil readily available in Ecuador?  anyone know where?
price?
We'll be close to Manta.
Thanks

I'd like the contact info for the person who gets honey from the Amazon!  Also, have you found out about the olive oil yet?  I'm moving to Cuenca soon, and sure would be interested in these items!  Thanks

booannie402 wrote:

Is organic or non organic coconut oil readily available in Ecuador?  anyone know where?
price?
We'll be close to Manta.
Thanks

Coconut oil is available in organic, non-organic, and even the fragrant massage oil. As for prices, I bought a bottle once from Super Maxi, which is also available in Manta. I don't remember the cost but I also have the coconut oil for massage by Weir, and the price on it is $4.99, but it was cheaper than that.

I don't think you will have an issue finding some in Manta, and after a quick search I found this local producerthat lists shops that sell their brand. Just search Manabí >Manta and a list of stores should be displayed.

Thanks...we use a lot of coconut oil for cooking, eating etc.
Appreciate your reply.

Found some absolutely delicious honey. Nice thick texture, upon tasting it I was like Winnie the Pooh, and all in it. 4 tablespoons on a wheat pita bread, one more in a cup of tea.

Heaven!

Oh the name is Sweet n Tasty and costs $5.69 for 450 grams. 100% honey, 100% Ecuadorian.