Keeping in touch while living in Turkey

Hello everyone,

What are the best ways you've found for keeping in touch with friends and family back home while living in Turkey? How frequently do you stay in touch with loved ones?

Are there local equivalents to common instant messaging and online video calling services that you prefer or are more widely used?

If there is a sizeable time difference, how do you manage this?

Do you make international phone calls from a landline or mobile phone from Turkey? What do you think of the cost?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Skype with paid calling package world

hi Priscilla. my name is Zafer. there are many applications. I think the best application LINE. i play and i'm so happy. if you have internet or wi fi, free message, free call or free video call. if you not play LINE, load it now. ok?

I use Skype and Whatsapp

Hrllo priscilla .
So keep in touch  with my family like everyday anytime.i want through all social media means.
Whatsapp/imo/viber/skype/instagram/Snapchat.
In terms of communication all is set here  as long as you have you laptop  or phone then you be having any difficulties at all.
Cheers

Hello Priscilla.  I do use call Turkcell and WhatsApp  keeping in touch with them Massage does work out here

Hi,
No I have not found any local method to keep in touch with my family.

I keep in touch through SKYPE, WHATSAP and email and I found these are the only ways to enable me to do so.

Hi Priscilla. I use LINE, Messenger and Skype  :)

Whatsapp or Facebook messenger

Firstly, iPhone to iPhone (or iPad) is free with Apple's FaceTime application. For those not using Apple products I tend to use WhatsApp or Viber, depending on their preference, both you can call and text for free with wifi/internet. If you're calling to a non-smartphone (calling a landline), then I pay money for credits on Skype, which I can use to call them through.

My dear they are many ways to make international calls here in Turkey, infact turkey is one of the best place you can get many options to make ur international calls, thanks

i find it a bit difficult i was at the airport i couldn't even call my mother nor they did,wifi available but no positive results,i had turkish lira but i wasn't able to use it,

Hello. I want to find a job in Istambul. How can i find it?

hi
yes i'm interessed