Pension for retired Brit expat.

Has any Brit retired expat living in the Philippines had any problems accessing his/her pension there.

Hi, I get my forces pension, not due for OAP for another 2 years. I still have it paid into my UK bank account and transfer when needed but was informed OAP should be able to be paid into my Phil bank if I want.

I have my OAP and my teachers' pension paid into my UK bank, then transfer when needed

Thanks for the info - I hope to be there next year - stand by for more questions ;-)

Hi Buzzardman,
Did you open up a sterling account in the phils, then transfer pounds to your sterling account, then withdraw and exchange at the rate of the day?
Thank you
Paul

I have a sterling account with BPI in Makati but don't use it much, withdrawing cash and then finding an exchange place is quite traumatic, one place accross the road from BPI makati said their rate would be given at 12 o'clock and when we waited the rate was dismal. i do well with a Star account with BPI in London and change money over the internet almost at once into my pesos account here, always a good rate. Civil service pension transferred to BPI in Pesos from the UK to local account here. OAP pension straight to BPI star account. So no probs at all.

Thanks for the info Peter, most helpful,