Greetings, I am thinking of moving to Belize and need any advise that anyone can give me.
1) can one start up a business?
2) is there a website that has all of the legal aspects of moving to Belize
etc

Yes! one can start and own a business quite easily in Belize.

Alexia

Hi Jalang!  Yes, Belize encourages expats to come here and start or buy a business.  I'm in the process of doing so right now, so if you need any tips, feel free to privately message me.

In terms of the legal aspect, there really isn't one.  Anyone can come live here indefinitely as long as they pay immigration every month; or there are permanent residency and/or the QRP (for retirees not wanting to work, but they can still buy businesses) options available as well.  I myself am in the QRP.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions.  Sharon

The best site I know for sure is

ExpatBelize.com

and the people help answer questions and are not trying to sell you a thing- just the facts- which do matter-

I personally don't think that the suggested site is the best out there about  moving to Belize. I emailed them more than once in the past because some of their posted information was inaccurate - such as the monthly cost to renew your entry visa, and which they had posted at the cost of $12.50USD monthly. The actual fee per month is $25 USD for the first six months and $50 USD monthly after that. just to give you an example.

I also think that it is just another trick from Belize Realtor to redirect you to their people and services. 

As for the legal aspect of moving to Belize it varies widely from one person to the other as we all have different particular needs. I would advise that you first study further which options would work best for you - self-employed or retiree? Still, it does not change the fact that fees and procedures to own and operate a business in Belize are simple. 

We ourselves began the process of starting all the legal paper work for our business during a trip to Belize in 2005 and all legalities where handled and completed successfully even after our departure. So, when we finally moved to Belize a year after, we were able to right away apply for our self-employed permits.

Still, during the approval time you will need to pay and renew your entry/tourist visa. It took us about three weeks and all was completed. Plus, you can add to your work permit your children.

If they are not in school they will have a dependant visa which you will pay only once a year ($50 BZE) and if in school a Student visa ($ 100 BZE yearly) with a letter from the school where your child will be attending.

Let me know if you plan on relocating with your children? I can be of great help on this topic as well.

Alexia :)

As the founder of the Expat.com, I always "appreciate" when someone advertises another website :whistle: