Do and don't in Bangladesh

Are you living in Bangladesh? We need you to share your experience of the local customs :)

Is it difficult to adjust to the local customs in Bangladesh?

Could you please share with us a list of the do's and don't's in Bangladesh?

Thanks!

Bangladesh is a muslim country and people are simple liberal, friendly and curious.
DONT drink alochol in public or ask someone where can buy alcohol.
DONT do intimate physical acitivites in public.
DONT talk in favor of paskitan or, india.

DO smile to local people.
DO prepare for mosquito protection.
DO drink boiled water, not tap water.

Hi Parvez,I'm from India & considering a job opportunity in Bangladesh!I would like to move there with family.My son is in Kindergarden now.Could u pls tell me the overall system for expats who wants tomove with family there..I mean in terms of good housing ,education,health,transport,entertainment in the weekends etc.I have been told by the prospective employer that the office would be approx 32 km away from Dhaka main area, and it will take approx. 1.5 hr to commute that much distance!Is it recommended that I should have a chauffer driven vehicle to move around?Lots of Qs,I know,lol  :)....Pls try to reply.

HI CHARAN,
THIS IS SADAT WORKING IN A INDIAN MULTINATIONAL COMPANY IN ADMINISTRATION. FYI EVERYTHING IS AVAILABLE HERE IN DHAKA. YOU WILL GET GOOD KINDERGARTEN SCHOOL, HOUSE, EVERYTHING, DONT WORRY. MOST OF THE INDIANS LIVE IN DOHS BARIDHARA NOW A DAYS. RENT OF A 1800 sfq IS TK. 18000/=

BEST REGARDS,
SADAT KARIM

hmmmm... i live in Dhaka as an expat, and there is no such rent at 18,000 BDT be Sure!!!
2-3 bedrooms apt not furnished, start from 30,000 and above. Furnished apt at higher price depending location, but all expats are living in Gulshan, Banani, Baridhara,Baridhara DHOS .There are some ppl prefer live in Bashundara, Uttara Area where u find lots of shoppoing centres and restaurants, but those ppl live in private houses or less budget apt.
So it depends what budget u have to chose the comfort. We all need to have car to move anywhere especialy when have family. Ifu drive if also a plus, traffic is crazy but not as scaryas in India...;-) Lotsof kindergadens and schools, and as was mentioned above,to survive here you can find almost everything. As an entertaiment, no night clubs of course, no alcohol open sale but expats manage all this too, everything here indoor...

i m suprised why one shud not talk in favor Pakistan or India?
may be just to not engage oneself in useless conversation, bcase some bangladeshi have mentality to pass on others what they think and if u accept it its "good". so if they say pakistani untrust ppl, u do agree... I come from Free country and no one can impose on me what shall i think or comment abt others.. u r free to express yourself but only if it does not hurt or unsult others.About India havent heard any negativity, otherwise how comeso many idians are here...
i would say DONT DO here: is not take rickshaw, taxis, CNG by evenings espcecialy for ladies,it may look very secure in Dhaka but beleive me there were quite some serious incidents in city centres, so dont put your life in Danger by nite.
Dont drink water from tab is a golden rule everywhere in the world unless u know the water is potable. Mosqito nets need to have quiet sleep.
Do Smile i would say to everyone, but sometimes it is taken in worng way. So i would say to Ladies: When you smile, chose who you want to smile.Local men here do not take women serious enough, one must show autority and be firm. This i can say after 3 years living and working here.

Bangladesh is a small country and most of the people of Bangladesh r Muslim.So u have to remember it.They r very much formal to other person.
Do not take any drugs in front of public.
Do not talk about sex with unknown person.
Do not Talk about religion.
Do not express ur loves in front of people.

Do humble behavior.
Do drink pure water.
Do eat less spice food.