I will move to Sofia soon

Hello, fellows.

I am Felipe, from Brazil.

My wife is from Bulgaria. We have been married for 14 years and live in Brazil this whole time. Now, we wanna move to Bulgaria. We have a son: Joaquim, 8 years old. They have European Passport already.

I worked (and still) in advertising industry as copywriter/Creative Director (18 years of experience with national awards included) in ad-agencies at São Paulo, Natal and Fortaleza (hometown).
Of course, I want a position in my expertise area in a Bulgarian ad-agency, but I also considerer the possibility to totally change my work area or maybe stay in the same area (marketing/communication/media/movies/music) but not necessarily in a traditional agency.

So, I hope to make some friends here that can be my new friends when I move to Bulgaria. And, who knows, some business/work contacts as well.

Cheers

Welcome- I hope the move is smooth for you and your whole family.

Thanks, kojidae.

Have you any tips to validate my marriage and regulate my documents?
What do i need to start?

Cheers

We were married in Bulgaria, so not really sure about getting things done when you were married outside of Bulgaria. I assume you would just need to have your marriage certificate apostilled and possibly translated into Bulgarian.

The process for immigrating as a spouse is less complicated than some of the other choices. You don't pay the visa fee, and you just need a valid passport, your marriage documents (legalized), and an address for where you will live in Bulgaria. Oh- and a statement of your lack of a criminal history, again apostilled, and proof of Bulgarian insurance. But in my case (and the case of most of my non-eu friends), insurance was purchased when we got here- it is much cheaper here than online (like 100 lev a year or so as opposed to $500 a year).

For us, I took my husband with me to the embassy when I applied for the visa and they were happy to have a Bulgarian speaker there. (We were at the Istanbul embassy for our application) and were very nice and helpful. I hope you have a similar experience.