Moving to Sofia

Hello everyone !
I am gathering information about expatriation to Sofia, I discovered that country one month ago and I really liked it ! I am learning Bulgarian at the moment and love it too. I have also spent 2 years in Bucharest, I am now living in Istanbul for 6 months because I love South-East Europe, its cultures, its peoples, its languages so it is highly probable that I am going to settle down in Sofia shortly...
I am trying to get general information. I have seen Sofia myself and got a general idea of life there. But I can not find information about how to find a flat to rent for example. Are there some areas of Sofia I must avoid ? I had also a look on internet to find a job, does anyone know how easy (or hard) it is ? Or I am looking for any kind of information about lifestyle in Sofia in general or useful things to know...

Благодаря :)

Hey,
Would love to learn more about your Sofia "adventure".
I'm considering the move to Sofia too.
Sinan.

Hi there.

Sofia can be good or bad place for living, depending of the area.
I recommend the following areas: Center, Lozenetz, Iztok, Ivan Vazov, Strelbishte, Hipodruma (where i live) , Belite brezi.
Avoid the following areas: Obelya, Lulin, Nadezhda, Tolstoy, Druzhba.
If you need more info, can call me on +359 888 441 666.

Spring is the time to move to Bulgaria - wonderful weather, moderate temperatures, green everywhere. If you plan to move to Sofia take an umbrella - in May it often rains. Finding a good flat is easy - list your requirements an hand these to an agent / a good one/. Then check what he/she has prepared. I would recommend any placement within the central part of the city, Dianabad, Iztok, Lozenetz, but better if it is close to a metro. Job is not so easy - it depends on your qualifications ofcourse and the salary you expect. Search for job online, there are several sites. If you have any other questions - ask.