NEW CAR

purchased a new car in cebu. was going to have gf do uber and grab they said i was an us citizen soi  could not put the new car in my name. i paid cash for the new car went back to the states, come to find out the girl got the or cr and was never planning on putting the new car in my name. (deed of sale)  we then broke up and now she wants $7000 us dollars in order for me to get my new car back. i call it extortion

Yep, you got scammed.

Walk away. You will never get the car and It can only get worse if you send more money.

Rod is right. Disappear before things get ugly and somebody sends Mr. Motorcycle looking for you.

Let it go. As the saying goes, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Your gf fooled you once. You should not trust her anymore. Move on. Learn from the experience.

So sorry  mrrbodaman , but all the responses and comments are correct !

hopefully i get a good outcome ex gf works for the governmenet as a fire lady, I will try to go civil service and file a complaint and I also have someone from cebu who knows the area and will go with a policeman or talk to her mother in giving up the car.

As I now understand, your ex-girlfriend  works for the fire department and you will go to the Civil Service office to file a complaint?  So, maybe someone in the fire department will ask a policeman to help you as well?   Furthermore,  you will also contact the ex-girlfriend's  mother to help you recover your loss ??   
If this might be your approach;  good luck, but you might consider being out of the country  when you file your complaint against her!

mrrbodaman wrote:

purchased a new car in cebu. was going to have gf do uber and grab they said i was an us citizen soi  could not put the new car in my name. i paid cash for the new car went back to the states, come to find out the girl got the or cr and was never planning on putting the new car in my name. (deed of sale)  we then broke up and now she wants $7000 us dollars in order for me to get my new car back. i call it extortion

Let me get this straight.

You said you were going to have your gf do uber and grab. And "they" said you cannot put the new car under your name because you're a US citizen.  Despite knowing from "they"-- whether it be uber, grab, your then gf (who is now your ex-gf), or some stranger -- that you can't put a car under your name, you still bought your gf a car.

When did you realize you can actually put the car under your name? Was it after or before you bought it? If it's after, then you cannot really get back the car. It would appear that you willingly gave the car to your gf as a gift. Now, her wanting to get US$7k from you, so you can get the car which is under her name, is not extortion, but a sales offer.

You were in love with her. You gave her something. The relationship went sour.  Just let it go. Move on. Consider yourself fortunate that it's just a car you lost.

You've just learned your lesson... there's no protection for foreigners here. Be minded to make a loan contract before... especially when it's business wise. Ok, I'll give you the car worth $7k, on your name, but you are agreed that i loaned you $7k (you know, i love you too, but just to be safe)... I don't know how a local citizen would react if she or he would be fooled for US 7.000 :) ))))) by a local or even more by a foreigner. They would anything necessary, isn't it? You should do the same...

Also, if you'll ever file a complaint, make sure you'll ask the court - where she took the money from? Is she rich? does she have a job, a source of income? She need to prove all those kind of things... you need to prove with anything (like photographs, bills, receipts) you've been together and gave her the money.

Someone in the fire department will ask a policeman to help you, and you will contact the ex-girlfriend's mother to help you recover your loss ??? WTF??? After the corrupt cops threaten your life and extort you, the guys on a motorcycle will kill you, if you survive the corrupt cops, which is highly unlikely. Do your plan and you will not be able to run fast or far enough to save your life.