2017Real estate/ Need advices Caracas& Margarita Island

Hello Bonjour  (comment in english/en francais or spanish are ok)

Seeking respecful & non-condescending advices/opinions/references. I am here to listen and learn.

We would like to buy a condo in Caracas as a longterm investment (Chacao, Las Mercedes, Altamira, La Castellana..) or Margarita Island. One of us is a dual citizen (CA/VE) and I lived/worked extensively abroad (Pakistan-India border, mexico, Africa,...).  I believe Venezuela is a wonderful/strong country in a deep crisis... Am aware of the pain experience by the population and the security issues....I will be crossing from Cucuta to VE by the end of September 2017

As of after August 18th 2017", we need any unbiased factual based updates, comments+detailed/explainations, non fearmongering,  (kind of where, who, why,  how, feasable or not, too dangerous, ...)

Can anyone refer in PM (name/address/phone number) a good reputable venezuelian corporate lawyer/law firm, accountant, realtor, international banquer/broker,  independant investigative journalist willing to take a private confidential mandate from us...

I will be very glad to answer any questions in regard to Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto or Vancouver as I lived/worked/studied in all those provinces.

Cordialement John

I think it is a great idea, John.

On a visit to Caracas over a decade ago, I have learnt to appreciate the people of Venezuela. Their generosity of spirit means that the loss of this country to anarchy is doubly tragic.

Am also looking at a point in time when it is possible to get involved in Venezuelan real estate.

There are a couple of international real estate sites which carry information on the legalities and administrative side of investing in Venezuela - among other countries around the world.

The Stock exchange lists companies that invest in all manner of property. Also mentioned are names of stock brokers. Maybe that would be the way to get the contacts that you would require.

Alternatively you could tell me precisely what kind of services you would require under "private confidential mandate". If this is necessary, you could PM me.

Regards and good luck!

Hi I'm looking for same thing. I'll follow your post maybe i'll find some good advice.
Doug

I know decent lawyers there, if you want send me a private message with your contact info and  I will send to them (because they are not in expat.com)

Regards.

Karen

xxx

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : Please avoid sharing your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct