First time used car buying process in Manila

hi, im looking to buy a used car in manila. is it advisable to pay cash or bank manager's check?  what is the common practice.  When paying either cash or check has been decided upon, what are the next steps in buying used car in Manila?   Could you please help me out and list the steps in chronological order from contacting the seller up to actually owning and driving the car on public roads.

Hi there do u know a good mechanic that can go over the car before purchase very advisable. make sure OR & CR papers that must come with vehicle are original not copies as many are smuggled into this country, also deed of sale done through attorney !!

The only thing i strongly suggest is getting the car checked by the automobile service center before you lay out the cash we brought a honda crv it looked good and i am a bit of a mechanic myself but we found out at night high beams not working checking with honda no cabin filters and leaking master brake cylinder also spare was old and dry rot .So we put another 50k into it to make sure it was driveable every day from Tugig to Cavite most parts brought from the USA . So have a dealer service center check 1st you may pay less in long run