Bringing surplus auto parts to Philippines specifically manila

Hi guys,

It's a very interesting thread. I am wondering with the situation now, year 2017 and a new administration, can someone give some info on bringing surplus auto parts to Philippines specifically manila. I mean, the way on how it is suppose to be really done.

I have an old school benz in Manila and it is always expensive to buy parts from the dealers there. So I figured out why not just send the parts of the car in manila which may be cheaper.  So what are the possible tax, duties rates etc?

any info will be greatly appreciated.

Hi ADM group,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that a new thread has been created with your post on the Manila forum for more visibility and interaction with the members.

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

use a balikbyan box, might take a long time to get here but  nobody messes with it.   I am just doing a more hurried thing myself with an american waterpump and related parts and surely i will not only pay 4500php for mailing it here but i look for them to get me a good tax too. Do send it in a Filipinos name and not the Foreigner, u will find tax cheaper.  I did mine mostly for the hell of it because i was not paying 10,000php for a waterpump i can buy for 900php in the States, i dont like to get robbed.  I loaded up with maintenance parts too from plugwires to u name it so  i made the best of my box.  Surprisingly the US Postal Priority mail was here in 3 days which blew me away, but i been waiting for it over a week now to make it the 2 hr trip from Manila via  Filipino mail. Just hope it makes it and no postal worker here owns a Chevy!

I'm also looking to import a car part.  Does anyone know the taxes and duty charges etc?

If it's small enough to fit in your suitcase no problem as long as nothing flammable,  no duty. Brought window switches b4.

Never tried more, but I was told used parts 15%. They cut cars in pieces and reassemble to avoid the big duty.

If anyone interested to import second hand cars, i.e. BMW or MB, pm me.

From what I understand,  but not an expert, the duty is about 100%. I don't know what they base that on. We rented a car 5 yrs,ago that was later disclosed part of 3 different cars screwed and welded together. It was a Mitsubishi Montero registered as a 2010, but there was no actual parts from that year. After we got in an accident you could see where the body was welded half way. We were later told they shipped front, rear, and drivetrain separated to avoid the duty. It was completed in 2010 and registered as that year.

hi, i would be interested in bringing in a car

Don't waste your time, the duty is 100% of the value of the car plus shipping. You can get a lot of low mileage cars there, no one drives anywhere because gas is too expensive, or traffic is too slow. I bought 2000 Toyota one owner with 75000 miles, $2800, nice car. Cars are more expensive there than in US, but with the exchange rate, and the mileage, it's worth it to get something there, plus you know you can get parts, the models are different there,\.

In Philippines everything is expensive. Not only Cars or spare parts.
Philippines are just island in the middle of ocean and everything you bring here will cost a lot+ Huge Taxes.
For Example:
Electricity in Philippines about 5 times more expensive then in my Country.
Internet in Philippines is about 200 times more expensive then in my Country
Construction materials about 3-5 times more expensive.

and etc

No duty pr tax if shipping and parts are under 200 USD if above you need to contact customs broker and have them process the transaction for you

Hi ADM group,

Welcome to Expat.com smile.png

Please note that a new thread has been created with your post on the - @Priscilla ...>

Thank you! 

I was wondering if anyone here knows of a hummer 3 being parted Out?

Im looking for a valve lifter L2319 just in case - thanks

@mikaelarhelger what about exporting from Philippines to new Zealand can you help

@Chris Phillips would love to help out. Please see me reaching out to you via direct contact.

Hello, any update on custom regulation? Im planning to buy car parts from Japan to Philippines. Does the threshold of 200usd still include the importation of car parts?

Im looking to import a container of spare parts from the UK to the Philippines for resale at affordable prices. How do I go about doing that and is it authorized if I can obtain an import license?

Im looking to import a container of spare parts from the UK to the Philippines for resale at affordable prices. Can anyone tell me how I can do this and if it is authorized if I obtain an import license?

@Scott Myers I don't  think it would be a very ĝood idea,all the red tape,and hands in customs you have to grease it could turn into a nightmare, a few years ago Manny Pacquiao had three containers of used clothing Sent to the Philippines from a charity  in the USA,  they refused them entry in to the Philippines,  I don't  know what they did with the clothes but he owed freight on them, it is illegal  to send used clothes  to the Philippines

@mikaelarhelger

do you have idea how to bring sailboat from europe to phil?

@mikaelarhelger
do you have idea how to bring sailboat from europe to phil?

-@sephjo01

Sail it  :)

Joke aside, I would NOT. There are pirates attacking boats along the route at least in Red Sea plus in parts between Thailand and Philippines.

Transporting it as cargo would cost very much, so I suppouse its much better to sell it where it is and buy an other in the Philippines.

(I have even sold off much smaller things as all furniture, will probably only bring a few boxes with things, max free when flying and some by balinkbayan boxes.)