Color coding exemption in manila

I have bought a new car recently and am still waiting for my LTO plates. This morning I was stopped by a MMDA in Makati that we had violated the color coding. We were surprised as the car had no LTO plates. He pointed to the conduction sticker on the wind screen. Our driver explained we were not aware of this provision. The MMDA officer said that if  a senior citizen was in the vehicle the vehicle was exempt from the color coding rule. Since both my wife and I are already retired we sad we were and did not get a ticket. Is it correct that vehicles where senior citizens are riding are exempted from color coding in manila? Please advise. Thanks.
Mike

Hello Mike.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Manila forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Am not really sure, first time I heard of that.
But you might want to check it out and call or text MMDA hotline.

mikegoon wrote:

I have bought a new car recently and am still waiting for my LTO plates. This morning I was stopped by a MMDA in Makati that we had violated the color coding. We were surprised as the car had no LTO plates. He pointed to the conduction sticker on the wind screen. Our driver explained we were not aware of this provision. The MMDA officer said that if  a senior citizen was in the vehicle the vehicle was exempt from the color coding rule. Since both my wife and I are already retired we sad we were and did not get a ticket. Is it correct that vehicles where senior citizens are riding are exempted from color coding in manila? Please advise. Thanks.
Mike

I did an online search and apparently in January  this year  a Quezon City councilor had proposed to MMDA color coding exemptions for their senior citizens riding in a private vehicle. He offered to coordinate this with the MMDA. I couldn't find any link on whether this was ever implemented. But was rather surprised when we were told by the MMDA in Makati of this exemption when we were apprehended.

There are times when I have to pick up or deliver senior citizens to the airport on Mondays where my plate number is affected by the number coding scheme. are there exemption rules governing the subject and area? thank you...