Importing a Motorcycle or Motor Scooter

Hello Everybody,  I have a question can I import my motorcycle or moped (motor scooter) from the United States, when I come in June.  I do have an international driving permit, however I don't think this permit pertains to motorcycles.  Do anyone have any information for me?

Troy

hi Troy!!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Sure hope someone answers your query soon.

Take care!

Dear Troy,

License does not related with import, it will just give you the permission to drive vehicles on road.

You can bring your vehicle here, the process is - first you have to check if BRTA allows such kind of vehicle (if necessary then also manage permission of BRTA for special kind of vehicle), then enlist the vehicle in your passport and also deposit refundable money to customs. and finally you have to take road permit from BRTA.

The transport charges to bring the vehicle is additional.

Would be better if you buy a recondition vehicle here and sell it again.

salam
sorry wahidbappy can u help me finding any ladies clubs for practisisng some sport im dieying here i became faat and i can not go out alone and if i go out i have to take the car and the driver ooooooooooffffffffffffff boaring i need help

Lamissa, Yep sure my pleasure, i can suggest you a lots of things but first I have to know in which area you are looking for.

Welcome on Expat.com lamissa ;)

I think you are completely off-topic in this thread ... May be you shall start a new discussion.

Thanks ;)

Hey Garmin thanks for the info,

One more question do I have to take a road test even though I have an international diver license issued from the United States.

Troy

Troy there are plenty of second hand scooters and motorbikes available. Prior to some date, not sure when it was possible to import larger motorbikes. I have seen a few Royal Enfields, Big Hondas and a motor guzzi, but because of age who knows what condition they are in.Also seen a few Honda XL 185 which would make suitable rides and are simple to maintain and fix, even if old. Personally I am trying to track down a hyosung ( from Korea ) as they have reasonable good quality and range of bikes
At moments bikes are limited to 150 cc import, but many bikes coming from India up to 220cc their paperwork is dodgy and expect problems.
Having researched a bit forget the idea of importing, you are wasting your time and money.
Catch you when you get here

DEAR RICHARD,
THANKS TO QUERY.I WANT GIVE U ONE SUGGESION  IT WILL BE BEST FOR U IF U BUY ONE BIKE FROM BD.OTHERWISE IF U WANT TO CARRY UR BIKE IN BD U NEED TO FOLLOW MANY PROCEDURES.IT MAY BE VERY MUCH TIME CONSUMING.

Hi shamol!

Can you please avoid using caps lock when writing on the forum please?

Regards
Armand