American Family moving to Bahrain

We are an American family of 4 thinking about moving to Manama. I was wondering if there are any wives who already live there who can offer some info and your opinions. Do you feel safe there? What do you do for entertainment? Travel? Where to live?
Thanks in advance

Though I am not a wife or a woman or have a family, I can attest to feeling very safe here. It's been a bit tumultous the past few days, but its extraordinary. My girlfriend has walked around alone in the dark, and bar the occasional honk and query about being a lady of the night..I have not heard any stories to worry about. The sort of aggression you see in public in many European cities for example does not exist here. The Bahraini's are known for their hospitality.

You will get used to the staring as well..it's just annoying, but you'll learn to deal with it soon enough I'm sure.

i assure u... u will be safe here.. dont worry about what's going on around.. it's a matter of traffic that we hate now a days :(

BUT we are all here to help and advise if u need aaaaany thing :)

Juffair is an area where u will find all americans around too. Adlya is nice too (all in manama)

manooyh wrote:

i assure u... u will be safe here.. dont worry about what's going on around.. it's a matter of traffic that we hate now a days :(

BUT we are all here to help and advise if u need aaaaany thing :)

Juffair is an area where u will find all americans around too. Adlya is nice too (all in manama)

hi,
is everything fine there really,what we seeing whole day in news(al jazeera) its nonsense?just matter of traffic jam?
i am from dubai and really worry about you guys,mainly i don,t want the secetrian violence start there?i hope all bahrainis understand its planned game to divide you guys.
its small nice peacefull place i pray nothing bad will happen there and everywere else around world

Ohhh yes just a matter of traffic jams... specially in the lulu area, if ure wondering whats happening there , well its a peaceful demonstration...

rest...everythings goin on just fine... same green trees and sunshine, same people enjoying with families... everyone is busy in their daily routine...

sarakaev....the people living in this country are not used to demonstrations, and such acts just like dubai, so yeah some of them are concerned...  what news is showing are repeated images on and on...and one sided story...

Good news is no news, BAD NEWS IS NEWS ! - anonymous

Thanks Alot for your reply
i really concern about the situation there,
i visited twice bahrain,and i like that place very much
very beautiful peacfull small town like,peoples also very good both sunni,s and shia,t.i request to all bahraini,s please don,t divide youeself and don,t let yourself to become victim of third party who,s ambitious to do so,
you guys havn,t seen what happen after revoulution in the past countries like african some states afghanistan,iran,iraq and others are there nationals living better now then before?
My Answer is 100% BIG NO
i havn,t seen any single person as a begger there,not found person living or sleeping on street,and knew nobody sleeping with empty stomach there.
your gov,t (GCC)sure need to do little more for there nation what they are doing,but don,t compare them with middleast other rulers,they are much much better then 90% of other countries rulers.