New to Makati

Hi everyone,

We have recently moved to Makati & would love to meet other expats around our area.

We are a young family from Australia & would love to learn about exactely what there is on offer around the Philippines.

Hi mmlbe, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

Hi:

Thought I'd say hello as I'm soon to be moving to Makati myself.  I've been teaching English in S.Korea for the last 3.5 years and have finally called it quits and plan on starting an online business from Manila. 

I'm 66, single, Christian, originally from Texas in the US and I do a lot of Latin dancing (mostly Bachata, Salsa) for fun.  I picked Makati specifically because I discovered that that's where the Salsa clubs are in Manila (most of them).

I was worried about finding a place to live but, through some networking, it seems I've taken care of that problem.  Now I just need to get there and get settled in.  I arrive Sunday March 6th.

Best regards,
Art Williams
wanderingsalsero.net

wanderingsalsero good to hear

what will be your online business? Im interested, there might be a possibility that we go on joint venture...who knows..

I live in California and will be in Makati first week of April.

Hey Ms. Female Expat (FE)

Basically stuff that revolves around copywriting.  I've been messing around with IM and blogging and copywriting and PR for several years but haven't buckled down and focused on much. 

But now that I've had it up to the gills with the Korean school system and I realize I'm not getting any younger, I just decided I'm gonna hit the road looking for some adventure.  My dream has always been to have a e-based lifestyle.  I know people do it and I know I've got marketable skills....especially for the 'offline' market.

So I think I'm going to be going primarily after offline clients....things like lead generation sites and programs, consulting on Facebook, video marketing, video script writing(a totally new and wide open market)and writing auto-responder series.

I know the basics of writing case studies and white papers too. 

If I could do what I really want to, I'd like to find some clients who want a professional blogger who knows how to write friendly, persuasive, socially oriented content that sells and/or build their brand.  I know they're out there.  The trick is just going to be finding them from where I am.

What are you doing now and why are you coming to Manila?

When I get there, I'll have a budget to sustain me for 3 months before I have to go back to the US.  That should be enough time though.  I just want to get enough clients to finance a my 'professional expat' existence and then enjoy the next few years while I get some more travel in.

Best regards,
Art Williams

P.S.  Feel free to call anytime. I'm just hanging around til Feb 28...my last day at the school office.

hi female_expat and wanderingsalsero ;)

Glad to see that two like-minded people have found something in common. I would kindly request you guys to carry on your conversation through PM so that other members can still respond to mmlbe's initial post. Cheers guys!!! Oh and good luck to both of you if you decide to go joint venture on your project! ;)

Best regards,
Haf

mmlbe wrote:

Hi everyone,

We have recently moved to Makati & would love to meet other expats around our area.

We are a young family from Australia & would love to learn about exactely what there is on offer around the Philippines.

wanderingsalsero,
Im going to Makati because my units just completed and are being turned over by the developer so I had to do inspection by myself because I thought I do a better job than an attorney or a representative. I also have to finalize some business dealings in Manila (if its gets finalized).

mmlbe,

I used to live in Brisbane, Australia (10 yrs) and to this day I still carry that accent a little bit but I would love to have that cute accent back just to annoy some yanks :)

Makati is a great city to move in to, it has numerous malls within the area, nice surroundings and good security as well. If you have kids, you can also send them to top schools within the vicinity.